Snubber bolt

00fxd

Does anyone feel like going out to the garage, jacking up a c2 or c3 and telling me once and for all the diameter of the diff rubber pinion snubber bolt? I think it sposed to be smaller than the hole......
Thanks, Frank

Are you sure? I replaced it on Xanders car with a big metric bolt but it was much larger than M12 (roughly 7/16) it was an 16 if I'm not mistaken so that would compare to a 5/8th.

Just double checked with Paragon, definitely 7/16 x 3"

Paragon Number: 6527K
GM Part Number: 454949

Front differential mounting bracket to frame bolt kit, 7/16-14x3", grade 8. Includes 1 bolt, large washer, small washer, lock washer, and nut.
Years: 1963 - 1979
Condition: New
Packaging: Kit
Type: Stock

Price: $5.00

Thanks alot guys. What confuses me is that the oem rubber bushing hole is 5/8" the Guldstrand aluminum disc replacement has a 1/2" hole but the bolt is 7/16". Lots of room for it to slap around. Anyone know who makes a Urethane bushing set for this application? I would use the upper bushing with the locating ring in conjunction with Guldstrands disc to replace the lower bushing. I would have to open up the hole in the disc to 7/8" or whatever to accomodate the upper bushing metal support. This sounds like good system to me. Does anyone else use this solid pinion bushing and what method have you used to install it?

I got a clunk in my rear, from every time I accelerate, even slightly.....I jacked it up the other day, and the bolt/nut is 11/16, that much I remember cause I guess 5/8 and did the trip for the tool I didn't have....:sweat:

it's been a urethane setup for some 15 years now....the two cross bolts were tight also....so I dunno why my rear clunks....

:stirpot::toothbrush::sos:

I have one that I won't be using, I don't like the way it fit.
I'm not thrilled about the design either. I actually spent a good amount of time last night staring at it again. I figured out a way to use it that I am comfortable with but I would like to use it in conjunction with a urethane upper so if anyone can help me locate a supplier of same.............:D
Frank

I have one that I won't be using, I don't like the way it fit.
I'm not thrilled about the design either. I actually spent a good amount of time last night staring at it again. I figured out a way to use it that I am comfortable with but I would like to use it in conjunction with a urethane upper so if anyone can help me locate a supplier of same.............:D
Frank

PM sent

Steve