Relocated headlight & heater controls

vette427sbc

Still working on some final details, but Ive completed *most* of my interior after a major electronics upgrade/relocation.
Got rid of the factory heater box and upgraded to a Vintage Air Gen2 hot rod heater. This thing is WAY better than the factory system. Significantly more compact, smooth firewall, electronic servo doors, electronic flow valve, and it moves ALOT of air. It may be a hair lighter than the stock system too!
null_zps37921665.jpg

My start/ign/acc switches are in the factory heater control location, so I recessed the Vintage Air switch panel to where the front fiber optics were.

null_zps0d8bb128.jpg

Made a little Alcantara bezel to kind of clean up the surrounding hole:
null_zpsc63eb299.jpg

null_zpsfeea6b88.jpg

The A-pillar cage bar is right behind the factory headlight switch location. So since deleted the ball vents, I moved the switch to where the flow control knob would have been. Just drilled out the hole a little bit and made a bracket to mount the switch from behind.
null_zpseb86c874.jpg

My daily driver has been off the road for the past month so the vettes been my only transportation and I have to say, modern conveniences make such a difference in everyday driving. Keyless entry, power windows, a powerful heater, great stereo. It doesnt feel like im driving an old car anymore. Ive got about 600 miles on it since mid september when I fixed the clutch issue and I really love every minute of driving it. The sound and heat deadener help alot with road noise. I took it down the parkway one night doing ~85mph in 6th gear, windows up, and you could have a normal conversation with someone in the car. Generally unheard of in a sidepipe car!

NICE go at it, looks good man.....

but MY '72 is a vert, and so I can't hear shit in the way of tunes.....

:devil::flash::crutches:

The mods look great. Does the vintage air system have it's own blower fan? It looks nice and compact.
What kind of heat insulation/sound deadener did you use? I don't have side pipes and last time I was under the car I realized that my exhaust pipe is about 1/4" away from the floor pan - which explains why I bake my ankle when driving.

I did Lizard Skin and then Dynaliner (thicker, but lighter than dynamat) and I did the firewall with that Reflectix stuff from Lowes. Cool and Quiet!
And yes, the VA unit has its own blower.