C2 Low Budget Disc Brake Conversion?

DJvette

Any one have thoughts on a low dollar disk brake conversion for a 64? Maybe something from the salvage yard? Porche, etc. I don't mind doing some fabrication work.

Most Porsches have excellent Brembo calipers. They aren't exactly cheap but if you can get a set for little money, you could have some brackets made by a machine shop. Designing the brackets isn't that hard and if needed I could even help you with it as I have a CAD model of the stock Corvette (63-82 disc brakes) spindle. All it takes is the mounting pattern of the caliper you need and the disc diameter to design a bracket.

I designed my own bracket for a Wilwood Integra (6&4 non radial mount) caliper.
The neat thing about the wilwoods is, they have all the dimensions dispalyed on their website.

Marck

there is nothing cheaper than the factory 4 piston calipers, I would suggest stainless sleeve calipers (bought from anyone) with a VB&P O-ring piston kit, while your at it you might as well upgrade to 69 & newer front spindles, hubs. You might need to upgrade the rear to accept discs as well, and of course a dual circuit master cylinder...............redvetracr

there is nothing cheaper than the factory 4 piston calipers, I would suggest stainless sleeve calipers (bought from anyone) with a VB&P O-ring piston kit, while your at it you might as well upgrade to 69 & newer front spindles, hubs. You might need to upgrade the rear to accept discs as well, and of course a dual circuit master cylinder...............redvetracr

Thanks for the info. I am new to Corvettes and did not realize the rear drums could be updated to the newer disks. I know someone that has a mid 70's rolling chassis, can I get all I need from that?

That would be way easier

I would imagine all your stuff needs to be rebuilt anyways unless it was already done.