Paint is done

Alright, nice job....want to do mine???

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

:drink:

Thanks guys (gals?), It has been a long project that will probably never be finished. It has been my wifes' daily driver for the past 10 yrs and when she started test driving the 08's, I figured it would be cheaper to fix up the old one. Now, I'm not so sure......:bounce:

Thanks guys (gals?), It has been a long project that will probably never be finished. It has been my wifes' daily driver for the past 10 yrs and when she started test driving the 08's, I figured it would be cheaper to fix up the old one. Now, I'm not so sure......:bounce:

:rofl:

Me too, except I came to that conclusion in '06!

Nice paint! There's something about 15" TT's that just look so...... right on these cars!

I like the 15's too, but she wanted bigger chrome wheels. She decided on the Foose Nitrous in 18X10 285/40 rear (offset T/As) and 18X8.5 245/45 front (I wanted CCW classics). The Silver (09 corvette Blade Silver) was my pick, she wanted the Lexus Pearl White. Oh well, win some, lose some....

I like the 15's too, but she wanted bigger chrome wheels. She decided on the Foose Nitrous in 18X10 285/40 rear (offset T/As) and 18X8.5 245/45 front (I wanted CCW classics). The Silver (09 corvette Blade Silver) was my pick, she wanted the Lexus Pearl White. Oh well, win some, lose some....

Every guy knows, SHE MUST remain happy........:shocking::hissyfit::beer:

That looks pretty smart. Is that the factory colour? Mine's half that and half a darker colour but I'm probably going to repaint it just the dark colour - I have the red interior too...

Is that the factory colour?
It is the new (2009) corvette color. It is called Blade Silver and replaces the Machine Silver from prior years. It is slightly lighter/brighter and with the C3 curves, the color really pops because of the way the metal flake lays on the curved panels. I took the picture inside on a phone camera and the car is filthy so it really doesn't show the true color (it is much darker in the picture).
I also like the silver/red combo. It reminds me of the old Ferrari's. It should really stand out when I get the new seat leathers installed. Supposed to be back in my hands by Friday so I will have more picts soon.....

Last edited:
So you have been married for a long time! Just not to the same woman.....

Final paint photos. Looks alot different in the sunlight.

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 20
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 27
Finally got the new wheels and tires on and got out for a test drive. The spring settled a little but otherwise, I think she did ok picking out the wheels...:amazed:

thum_79449ab573f64ab7.jpgthum_79449ab57516140c.jpg