Newby here

Kacyc3

Hi I am Kacy and I am a caraholic and I have a 79 L82 with a 406 stroker, EFI, 700r4, 355s

Welcome to the motley crew......

I am shy on C I but have gone a similar route on my '72 pix on site below, interested in what type of FI you put on your car....:shocking:

Kacy - Welcome aboard.

Good to have another late model C3 here. Any dyno details on your Stroker? I've a 383 and planning later on a slightly bigger mod. But first sooo much to finish.

Cheers - Jim

11:1 406 5.7 rods 234/244 @.05 .489/.510 112, L98 Alum heads, 1.75 headers, 2.5 duals with DynoMax VTs, Holley Commander 950 EFI w/ wide band upgrade.

20140913_161311_zps16iwnicm.jpg
exhaust_zps41836699.jpg

http://youtu.be/EGqRfsqfErg

Last edited:
Ah HA, so you managed to ditch the cross member/exhaust loops also.....

good show.....nice car.....what future plans???

:bounce::thumbs:

Ah HA, so you managed to ditch the cross member/exhaust loops also.....

good show.....nice car.....what future plans???

:bounce::thumbs:

Finish installing Intellitronix C3 Digital dash kit, need to find someone local to buff the side windows so I can install my new door seals while the PS window is out then the DS. Finish cowl cold air through factory hood.

Then the list.
Lose the 4x4 stance (coil overs?)
new upper control arms for Geometry
Grand AM rack and Pinion (tired of the slop and leaking fluid)
97 Aurora mirrors
custom fixed headlight set up
80-82 front and rear bumpers
New heads,retro roller,intake bigger EFI (Want 450 rwhp)
L88 hood
black out all chrome
new 18" wheels
Alum front and rear bumper supports
rear diffuzer
some sort of belly pan
bubble tail lights
repair misaligned 1/4 panel
re-glue loose door skin
reglue fender and nose where its coming apart
remove the ugly ass gold pin stripes by repainting
Tint windows
stereo

damn maybe I should have started with a different car.

damn maybe I should have started with a different car.

Then you would suffer from boredom.....I too did a rack conversion, winter 01-02 Grand Am rack, using two universals, made entirely from junkyard parts, got lucky and found a new clean rack in a car with the engine removed....like someone tied a nice red bow on it for me.....:bounce:

35 bux, another 30 bux for many many many combinations of universal joints from various GM cars so took the joints apart and mix/matched them up to work, if you look at the stock GM joints you find the grease caps are just crimped in place from GM, I just did the same, been fine... the expensive part was getting the adapter block for the stock tie rod ends to join the rack output.....I lucky in having a commercial welder buddy who does all my welding, like the rack supports, and a modification to correct for bump steer on the rack output block I had made....I cut the stock tie rod sleeves and took 9/16 rod inserted inside it, welded, and covered with a fresh tube over the old one, welded ends on it also....looks factory and I have legit tie rod ends, not some after market rusty heim joint....:cussing:

maybe take a look at my site below for an idea I had due to a Verizon truck backing into my left front bumper and totalling out that Ecklers sugar scoop I had in there with the tall square lights, I junkyarded a couple of later Camaros for their front lights, built a new mount set on each tray, moving the lights forward about 1/2 way, traced the OEM curves on the headlight cutout, and brought forward about 1/2 way on each side so the huge opening is 1/2 size fore/aft which looks much sleeker I don't even have a plastic cover, IMO not needed due to the smaller openings....and the lights are at stock height too, so .gov approved....custom grill is hardware store aluminum TIGs up by my buddy....:goodevil:

I ran across a few different threads about how to do it and when I get ready i will revisit them and probably do a bump to see if anyone has an update on their setup. Till then I need to get this damn dash back together so I can drive it.

For headlights I was thinking something more like this
TWe7WFT4wcLoo4sygt5pLvS5wVGDKg1kRRFvc1CqvqR5P2h6As.jpg

Been awhile, heres an updated list.
Then the list.
Lose the 4x4 stance (coil overs?) - front semi coil overs, long bolts rear
new upper control arms for Geometry - Global west
Grand AM rack and Pinion (tired of the slop and leaking fluid)
97 Aurora mirrors - painted to match does that count?
custom fixed headlight set up
80-82 front and rear bumpers - rear bumper waiting paint
New heads,retro roller,intake bigger EFI (Want 450 rwhp) Fastburn heads, Holley HP on the shelf.
L88 hood - done
black out all chrome
new 18" wheels
Alum front and rear bumper supports
rear diffuzer
some sort of belly pan
bubble tail lights
repair misaligned 1/4 panel
re-glue loose door skin- done
reglue fender and nose where its coming apart - done
remove the ugly ass gold pin stripes by repainting
Tint windows
stereo
Install Dewitts radiator
Insulate interior

Update the engine had oil pressure issues and eventually started knocking. I decided it was time to ditch the sbc and go turbo LS. After fighting with this car for the last 11 years I decided I didn't want to plumb a turbo in this car and sold the car. Brought this home in June. Going to projects for the progress.

Attachments

• PXL_20220517_230235566.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220517_230235566.MP.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 1