Home remedy for GOP voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I read it, but it's just there's a discrepancy between the rules and what's happening.
Basically you're saying that all those passioned discussions we had recently and that started as focused on politic subjects should have been removed from the very beginning?
Why didn't it happened? Because no one reported them as such, or because you didn't find them (as admins) infringing the guidelines?
I'm NOT pointing finger at anyone, I just want to understand how it (should?) work.

You say you read it but because people are ignoring the guidelines (not rules), they are OK?

And the "passioned" discussions should have been removed? How about this, the guidelines were there to inform people that we do not have or want PR&C at VM. So (some people) ignore that and post shit we are asking politely for you not to post. My bad, I fucked up and trusted that people would act as adults and respect our wishes.

This is the way it is supposed to work, we are asking you to NOT post PR&C topics at VM. If you cannot control yourself, then I guess we will have to deal with that. Let me put it this way, I want you to think about VM as my home, I pay the bills and provide a place for you to hang out. All I ask in return is that you try to control your temptation to confront people with your politics. Is that to much to ask?

This is, after all, a car forum.

You say you read it but because people are ignoring the guidelines (not rules), they are OK?

And the "passioned" discussions should have been removed? How about this, the guidelines were there to inform people that we do not have or want PR&C at VM. So (some people) ignore that and post shit we are asking politely for you not to post. My bad, I fucked up and trusted that people would act as adults and respect our wishes.

This is the way it is supposed to work, we are asking you to NOT post PR&C topics at VM. If you cannot control yourself, then I guess we will have to deal with that. Let me put it this way, I want you to think about VM as my home, I pay the bills and provide a place for you to hang out. All I ask in return is that you try to control your temptation to confront people with your politics. Is that to much to ask?

This is, after all, a car forum.
Guidelines, not rules, got it.
No it's not much to ask, as for me.
The home analogy works for me, happened to me in real life.

2 things I dont like to post or talk about, politics, and religion.

As a trucker, I traveled the US since 1976, been all over and I seen a lot of elections.
I dont share my opinions because good or bad, it will offend somebody somewhere.
And this is the last thing I want to do here because I come here because of the hobby.

About the hobby we all share, I dont post anywhere else, just here.
I like the people and the attitude, but sometimes the politics anoyes me BUT I try to ignore it.
I dont live in the US and not interested in politics anyway.

I have learned a lot about Vettes from the group of people here.
Sooo how about sticking to cars, just a tought.

Well, like you said, it's your home and you make the rules.
If I/we don't like them we are free to leave. :(
I am going to miss the back and forth banter of adults. I think i've learned some things here and possibly I may have informed others of a different point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.