Balwin Motion Phase III back window question

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Does anybody know which kind of weatherstrip have been used for the back window mod :

1969_BaldwinMotion_CorvettePhaseIIIGT2.jpg

I read somewhere the window was from a Monza, so I looked for Vega Weatherstrip, but couldn't find image of the profile.

My own mod will use a custom shaped window, so I'll have to resort to universal weatherstrip and I want to know which kind of profile shape did they used.

Last edited:
Why not make a fiberglass window frame like the original and install the same as oem? You might be able to section and use the parts you cut out.

Why not make a fiberglass window frame like the original and install the same as oem? You might be able to section and use the parts you cut out.

That is the Plan A, create a channel to hold the glass, seal it with butyl tape, just like the original setup.
If I'm asking, that's because I want to make sure that's the best option.
Thanks for your input.

Definitely more work than what they did on the Motion cars, but would look better in my opinion.

Definitely more work than what they did on the Motion cars, but would look better in my opinion.

That's what I'm realizing.
At first I thought that the big weatherstrip way was a better way, more waterproof and whatnot.
Now I'm slowly realizing it's the cheap way to provide waterproofing AND support.
I will build the frame anyway, even if only for structural integrity.
I guess the case is closed.