E brake issue

SRountree

I have 245.45.18 on the back but the e brake is rubbing the tire. Any way to fix this by moving the bracket or add a spacer?

thum_362455763952851df.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-43-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-43-04.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
Move the bracket to the top of the Trailing Arm. A mod you'll find several folks have done here. You may find it in a thread with the Johnny Joint (spherical bearings) Mod to replace the bushings.

Good luck.
Cheers - Jim

I have had 275/50/17 on back of my '72 for some 20 years now, '89 vette wheels, I just cut the brake tab off, and had it welded behind the rotor, more or less in same position as stock, then moved the cable brackets on the frame, I tried the top position, but for some reason it did not work well for me....

I have maybe 1/4 inch clearance between sway bar/frame?/t-arm frame maybe has a bit more....

:bounce:

I wont have to move it too far. I'm going to zip tie it up for a little bit until I get the rest of the little stuff done. I should be starting it in the next couple days... (crossing my fingers)

I wont have to move it too far. I'm going to zip tie it up for a little bit until I get the rest of the little stuff done. I should be starting it in the next couple days... (crossing my fingers)

Yeh, I used C clamps to prove my solutions out.....:crutches:

Jim I was able to crawl under the car a few minutes ago and I see what you were talking about. The clamp is on the side of the trailing arm and they need to be relocated on top of it. It would then have the proper placement. Thanks again...

C3 Mechanical fuel pump

My old pump has three ports, one to carbs, a main gas line and another small one... See pict. My new pump does not have three. It only has one to the carbs, and the other one is for the main fuel line. Can I just cap the smaller line that would normally run into the old pump?

Attachments

• new pump.JPG
    new pump.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
  • old pump.JPG
    old pump.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Jim I was able to crawl under the car a few minutes ago and I see what you were talking about. The clamp is on the side of the trailing arm and they need to be relocated on top of it. It would then have the proper placement. Thanks again...

You bet. Here's a link to Karsten's (MYBAD79) postings that shows on page 2 the move you'll want to do. easy - peasy:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2315&highlight=johnny+joint&page=2

And the pic is here:

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/imagehosting/214928a6c51be43.jpg

Cheers - Jim