1981 VW Golf / Rabbit

MYBAD79

It was cheap .... Just couldn't say no..... Floorboards are rotten and need to be cut out and replaced..... Going with 15" ATS Cup wheels and possibly a 1.8 turbo .... Estimated completion by some time in a few years..... :clap:

photo_zps3ebe77ba.jpg

photo_zps5bcd9c22.jpg

I'm so happy to have that huge garage :D

when I was a teenager, I bought and sold dozens of Rabbits. I'd buy them in non-running condition. Most were simply the fuse, though head gaskets were pretty popular to replace as well... fun cars

The newer ones can run a C4 rim, I think. How about that one? Looks good in my opinion.

You'll soon fill the garage. Murphy's law.

Use an Audi transaxle and rear differential to make it awd... the choice of powerplants would be unlimited - I'd probably (and it pains me to say this because I'm not an Audi fan) use the complete running gear from an A4 or similar in it... total wolf in rabbit clothing.

Project Binky.............i mean Project Bunny.....come on lets see a 4 whl drive turbo get put in there

Project Binky.............i mean Project Bunny.....come on lets see a 4 whl drive turbo get put in there

They've alread done that in Europe, it was called the Golf 4 motion .... That was a 4wd from the factory, not really a hot seller though ....

Update:

Got a 2.0 engine "cheap" ..... Came out of a late 90's VW, incl harniss etc...... Rated at 150hp as far as I can tell, should make this rabbit move.....

RH classic rims in 15x7 and 15x8 are currently shipped from Germany....

Oh, and I bought a partial part out '65 VW beetle last month...... Oh shit......:lol:

Update:

Got a 2.0 engine "cheap" ..... Came out of a late 90's VW, incl harniss etc...... Rated at 150hp as far as I can tell, should make this rabbit move.....

RH classic rims in 15x7 and 15x8 are currently shipped from Germany....

Oh, and I bought a partial part out '65 VW beetle last month...... Oh shit......:lol:

Nah, should have done an LS.....:yahoo: