"weatherpack" connector

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Hey guys, the wipers on my truck don't work. It has to be a connector issue because if I put sideways pressure on the plug they work as designed. But just plugged in normally I get kind of an electrical buzzing sound. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix it?

BTDT....take the wiper motor apart, to reveal the connector solder connections on the printed circut board....you will find a 'ring around the collar' to quote a ages old addy campaign......meaning a stress crack around one of the points where a heavy connector/plug has worked loose on the circuit board.....

SO, resolder the board, if you look close, maybe with a MAG Glass you will find it....

:D:friends:

Damn GENE, that may be the most useful post of yours I can remember. All this time I was thinking it was a connector issue, but you're probably right about a bad solder joint.

Damn GENE, that may be the most useful post of yours I can remember. All this time I was thinking it was a connector issue, but you're probably right about a bad solder joint.

Like I said, BTDT.....for over 35 years, they ain't the first piece of electronic board to have that issue, and yes I have fixed two of them for friends.....:shocking: