Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Chassis, Steering and Suspension

Old 05-17-2018, 10:49 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtj View Post
C6 or C6Z wheels look good on a C5. Lots of photos on the web. Might require a small spacer, not sure. You can get them pretty reasonable.
I agree they do look nice but I have the two sets i want the c5 OEM 5 spoke highly polished and the c5 OEM ZO6 highly polished 10 spoke ones.....I will swap them every 6 months or so and polish them so i always have a nicley polished set.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:02 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (2)

I need to get a lift...my back is still hurting from kneeling and putting those shocks in....its the getting down low part and bending that screws with my back.....this getting old thing is for the birds,

I cant decide a two post or a 4 post???? I like the idea of the two post but it would seem to take up valuable middle of the garage space
Old 05-21-2018, 02:28 PM
United States | Member

My Photos: (0)

Since I was a mechanic before, I wouldn't have anything but a 2 post asymmetrical lift if given the choice. The 4 post is nice if you aren't working on the suspension, but even the front end techs will take cars off the 4 post lift when they need to work on control arms, etc. Always better to have more room to work and it seems the 4 post just has the ramps in the way despite having the auxiliary lift jacks.

Perfect example, try putting coil springs up in the frame pockets on a C3 if you can only get it a few inches up off the floor. Sure you can fight with spring compressors, etc. but having that room to work is amazing. Another thing to think about is getting out of the way if something happens to slip or fall out of your hands while installing/removing. That's much easier to do on your feet.

This is my biased opinion of course, but I have worked with both extensively. and I've also worked with both symmetric and asymmetric 2 post lifts. For my money, it would be 2 post asymmetric with nothing on the floor but the floor mounts for the post. My first lift as a mechanic was symmetric and the controls and lines went across the floor between the posts. Rolling a dead car by yourself over the hump is no fun!

The fun safety message for all of this is, no matter what you do, ALWAYS lower the lift down onto the safety stops BEFORE starting to work on the car while on the lift.