Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Drive Train

Old 12-08-2016, 04:40 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza6977 View Post
the only price I saw was 25k in the first post video. I suppose they are all around the same price ? even for a 4 speed ? Look like a fun set up for sure !
4 speeds with a long shifter seem to be plentiful for around $4000. But, I need to do a lot of digging as different brands have slightly different behavior (some require clutch on all downshift, etc. ).
Old 12-08-2016, 05:34 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

And here 20 years ago, I thought a 5 speed O/D trans was expensive at about 4-5k bux.....all I wanted was a overdrive for Florida highway speeds....

went automatic for about 25% of that amount....first attempt was a 700 because it was in my '87 vette....seemed ok, but in the '72 it was a bit irritating with that huge RPM drop 1-2 in traffic, course it had a Trans Go shift kit so it was very evident..... went to a 200 I built myself with all the good parts....for maybe 800 bux or so.....

Old 12-09-2016, 12:39 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (116)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtj View Post
Quote:
the only price I saw was 25k in the first post video. I suppose they are all around the same price ? even for a 4 speed ? Look like a fun set up for sure !
4 speeds with a long shifter seem to be plentiful for around $4000. But, I need to do a lot of digging as different brands have slightly different behavior (some require clutch on all downshift, etc. ).

every one I have seen has a useless 1st gear.....want to talk about expensive, the Jasper Nascar trans is $16K new.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvetracr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtj View Post
Quote:

every one I have seen has a useless 1st gear.....want to talk about expensive, the Jasper Nascar trans is $16K new.
Yeah, no doubt out of my price range. The units I was looking at are used.