Muncie/shifter configuration?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I shoveled the dust off my old Muncie transmission and somewhat mocked up the original shifter on my work bench, but things look odd. I'm kicking around pulling the current 5 speed out this winter and putting the four speed back in. It's about 25# lighter than the Nash transmission, and with a little bit of work I can make aluminum shift rods and transmission arms for another pound or two weight reduction. Right now I need to get a bit more accurate placement of the shifter relative to the transmission so I can make an aluminum plate to bolt the shifter to the tailhousing. Any chance anyone has a picture of the shifter all mounted up (in a body off condition), or can just tell me how far back the shifter sits from the trans/bellhousing mating surface so I can hopefully get the shifter stick to be centered in the console hole when everything is swapped over?

Thanks for any help!

I wonder what they trying to show there.....AS I RECALL, the Muncie in my '72 was mounted to a plate that tied to the frame/cross support with two bolts on the back flange, then a strut going forward....and I had a mount the Muncie used for the tail shaft, that extended forward off the cross support, with two bolts in the middle of the support, and two more on some 'ears' welded on the forward support edge, down lo. the entire shifter could be removed without touching the trans, and indeed no bolts into the trans housing....

sorry if unclear, but best I can describe it....I still use that shifter mounting setup for the automatic, even used one of the Muncie shift rods for the automatic...

:nuts::clobbered:

I wonder what they trying to show there.....AS I RECALL, the Muncie in my '72 was mounted to a plate that tied to the frame/cross support with two bolts on the back flange, then a strut going forward....and I had a mount the Muncie used for the tail shaft, that extended forward off the cross support, with two bolts in the middle of the support, and two more on some 'ears' welded on the forward support edge, down lo. the entire shifter could be removed without touching the trans, and indeed no bolts into the trans housing....

sorry if unclear, but best I can describe it....I still use that shifter mounting setup for the automatic, even used one of the Muncie shift rods for the automatic...

:nuts::clobbered:

Yes and no. I'm going to mount the shifter housing to the tailhousing, somewhat similar to the illustration, but I don't recognize the shifter in the picture, and the inner and outer rods look interchanged compared to mine (unless I've got the mockup backwards).

I guess I should have looked at the picture a little better, I just did a google image search and figured paragon would have it. Stock would mount to the cross member/frame. My parts car had the stock shifter but I no longer have pictures of it.
Sorry gents.