Fabbed some brackets to flat tow the Vette

I can't see the pictures you posted on the other forum without joining. Any pictures of the mounting brackets?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Will you need to run a "Drop Hitch" to keep it flat?
Just thinking of the angle on the ball over hill-and-dale.
More pics when able please - looks useful. (here please)

Cheers - Jim

Yes, maybe probably, good eye. Fortunately I have a 10" drop hitch already.

I'm actually going to weld some plates on top of these brackets (in the open area, towards the front). To limit the travel, so it doesn't hit my bumper. It has a ton of travel before it gets close to the bumper, and with the drop hitch I doubt it would be an issue, but I'm going to do it juuust in case.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376755801.936011.jpg

Mounting plate is 2x4" arms are 2x4.5 and 2x7.5, welded parallel at 1.75 inches apart (ID). Holes are all 1/2," bolts are 1/2"x1.5 welded in place before the arms. Plate is 3/16. Arms should sit on top of the 2x4 plate, inner arm is recessed about 1/4." That's all the info you need to build them and to get the angle right. But... tack it first, just in case your car is different.

Drilled two 1/2" holes in the bumper mounting brackets, and put an inch bead on the bracket where it bolts to the other mounting bracket, and another where bolts to the frame. Easy enough to grind off if I ever have to replace the brackets, but it should stop them from shifting around during towing.

Last edited: