Ecklers urethane rear bumper

NEVER seen a urethane bumper of any type without more waves than the ocean...I swear, they all look like shit....

especially on vettes for some reason....

:eek::surrender::twitch:

After someone bumped into the rear of my car, I'm glad I had the urethane one in the back. I'm concinced that a fiberglass one would have shattered first of all, but would have damaged the rear deck and quarters as well.

My urethane was fairly straight actually. The front one come from Eclers and as urethane as well, no waves that detract from the beaty either.

In their catalog it says "GM Restauration" , not sure that that means they use GM tooling. The Eckler's "flex fit" bumpers might be another option.
That wavyness is mainly because of many years in the hot sun, it's a problem here in the southern US but not so much in Belgium

It means they paid for gm licensing...nothing else. No guarantee for quality.

In their catalog it says "GM Restauration" , not sure that that means they use GM tooling. The Eckler's "flex fit" bumpers might be another option.
That wavyness is mainly because of many years in the hot sun, it's a problem here in the southern US but not so much in Belgium

HELL, my '87 suffered from the beginnings of it, when I sold it in '95, yet another reason I sold the car...
:eek::smash::surrender:

I bought the repro for the front of the 81 and was pretty much satisfied with the quality. I'd expect the rear to be equal although it was pretty crappy to start with....

My rear was so badly bubba'd (Think rusty C-clamp) that I would've had as much work or more compared to glassing in a complete GRP reproduction. I'm very happy with that effort but as mentioned above, I hope I don't back into anything.

Corvette007-3.jpg

I bought the repro for the front of the 81 and was pretty much satisfied with the quality. I'd expect the rear to be equal although it was pretty crappy to start with....

My rear was so badly bubba'd (Think rusty C-clamp) that I would've had as much work or more compared to glassing in a complete GRP reproduction. I'm very happy with that effort but as mentioned above, I hope I don't back into anything.

Corvette007-3.jpg

Mine was cracked in the exact same spot.