CL Ad — CHEETAH-BODY ON CORVETTE CHASSIS

$25,000 - I don't think so!

Is that a kit body made for a Corvette chassis? Never saw one before.

$25,000 - I don't think so!

Is that a kit body made for a Corvette chassis? Never saw one before.

Yeah, too pricey. My guess is he got a body somehow, there are a few replicas offered, and chopped an old c3 frame. The other pics show c3 a-arms and master cylinder.

Great idea.

Here is a photo from months ago, pretty sure it's the same car (maybe a flip). Price hasn't changed much.

21945b4749ceabbb0.jpg

Better angle, but you are right, front is lacking.

21945b47d2ccaa776.jpg

That Jamaican is very cool. Ive always liked the 80's kit cars... This thing needs a 5 speed and some kind of flat plane crank v8 to be really cool. But for ~10k... theres enough room to do that :mullet:

KIT CAR.jpg
Had a Jamaican back in the 80's ,VW powered,that's it going ByBy,sold it for a grand & threw in a pair of C3 front flairs.
A fellow classmate in Vo Tech back in Philly Bought a Real Cheetah.He found it in the Trading Times.That was in 71.

21945c5588ca5907b.jpg

Looks to me like they just narrowed factory parts and made molds. The front bumpers look full height. That might explain why the steering wheel is so low. :)

You can buy a c4 so cheap, I doubt this would be too popular.

Last edited:
The mini-C4 model looks kinda cool. I note no doors cut - guess its a climb in car. Any idea what chassis - or typical VW pan conversion? Not in the market - but I think it has an interesting appeal. Where did you find that? Nice to set up for AX. But would need lots of power to compete in A-Mod!

Cheers - Jim

The mini-C4 model looks kinda cool. I note no doors cut - guess its a climb in car. Any idea what chassis - or typical VW pan conversion? Not in the market - but I think it has an interesting appeal. Where did you find that? Nice to set up for AX. But would need lots of power to compete in A-Mod!

Cheers - Jim

It is on Orlando Craigslist for $2500. Says it sits on a VW chassis. :)

At least the bat mobile body car would be unique.

Not a big fan of the roof. C1 body conversion on C4 running gear chassis.

21945c94047dee1ba.jpg

21945c94047ddf98e.jpg

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/lehigh-acres-1957-corvette-custom/6828059936.html

1957 corvette custom , on a 1984 corvette platform , rebuilt 350/350 fuel inj. engine , automatic trans. w/shift kit , only 578 miles since car was finished , 4 wheel disk brakes , power steering , brakes , windows , and seat , custom interior , removable hard top . the great look of a classic and ride of a new car , won many trophies , engine is nicely detailed , air cond. , all chrome is original 57 corvette not cheap painted plastic , full trunk , custom painted side coves , make no mistake this is not a kit ,real body panels , $ 80,000 was invested to build this , i moved and don,t have space for all my toys ,

Last edited:
I saw that car on ebay. I think they want $65K for it.

The body looks pretty good but the roof looks like it was an after thought.

Yes, biggest improvement would be to make it a convertible.