C7 prices?

rtj

Sold my 07Z with 1year left on the warranty. Sold a bunch of projects and (no surprise) started looking again. I was pleasantly surprised to find that 2015 C7's with 15k miles are going at not that much more that what I got for the Z06. 2013 Grand sports with low miles are even cheaper than the basic C7.

I'm thinking C7's will take a good hit when the C8 comes out and people start trading up.

Thoughts?

I'm seeing 2015's just over $40k with 15k miles. If the take a 10% hit in a year that would be pretty reasonable ( yes I'm cheap). No way I'd get another c6z, but maybe a low mile GS or ZR1 in a year if prices tank.

What is a C8 going to sell for? If it's huge money compared to a C7 then maybe it won't be so much of a trade up play?

Good question, I haven't kept up with prices so just googled it

"Corvette Stingray's base price is around $55,500
Corvette Grand Sport starts at around $65,500
Corvette Z06 starts at $79,495
Corvette ZR1, which has a starting price around $119,000."

"Hagerty reports that the C8 will start in the $60,000 to $70,000 range, where it'll be equipped with a new version of the current Corvette's naturally aspirated LT1 6.2-liter V-8. "

So the z06 version could be close to $100k, maybe?

It is a good time to wait and see.

Last edited:
If you are interested in this, he makes some interesting points.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpZO3wny0s&t=394s&app=desktop[/ame]

If I was in the market, I'd for sure be looking into picking up a manual 2019 C7 of some flavor. With the inventory surplus, the rumors that the C8 will be auto only, and the last year for the front engined Vette, seems like a nice car to pick up at a discount that may also wind up being a collector's item. Only time will tell!

I saw a certified 2014 with something like 5000 miles the other day for $42000. That would be in the right $ region for me and you can extend the warranty!

But, I'm not too serious right now. Maybe in a year or two.

I'd love to have a 2014 in that beautiful Lime Rock Green with the M7 transmission, but that would just be a further diversion of funds away from my C3. Maybe I'll find a nice Hot Wheels version for my desk at work. :)

Yeah, on the C7 color choice is key. It makes a huge difference.

That's the one! Ideally a convertible, but those are rare, especially with the M7. Just a dream, I need to dump my pennies into the C3.

He finds some interesting sales. Prices are going to drop next fall.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWoYFpqt3A&app=desktop[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKlNE6g4Bno&app=desktop[/ame]

Need one of those Walmart commercials "the sound of falling prices!"

On autotrader now for $33000.

Beautiful 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 with a 2LT Preferred Equipment group and Magnetic Selective Ride Control.The Colors are Torch Red exterior over Red and Black Leather interior with 23,472 miles. The Z51 is powered by a 6.2L V8 engine producing 460 hp and 465 ft-lbs of torque. This Corvette is further enhanced with Red Brake Calipers with chrome wheels, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Navigation System, 7-Speed Manual Transmission, Remote Start, Heads Up Display, Universal Home Remote Garage Door. She has a rebuilt title. Please text me at 419-xxx-xxx I can deliver and will consider a trade. The Sticker Price was $68,595. The highway MPG is 29 Miles per gallon. Z51

Rebuilt title is a show stopper for most people. My insurance (State Farm) won't even insure it.