Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Paint, Body and Interior

Old 08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (105)

Will finally be de-molding my first C3 hood of the lot. Hoping to get it prepped and molded in time for Carlisle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00359.jpg (727.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00361.jpg (480.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-17-2014, 08:50 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (663)
Default "Under Pressure..."

Nothing like a deadline to get you moving eh? No pressure there! I'm not nearly ready for this year - it will be next - unless I trash it on the track next season..

Cheers - Jim
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
Nothing like a deadline to get you moving eh? No pressure there! I'm not nearly ready for this year - it will be next - unless I trash it on the track next season..

Cheers - Jim
No kidding! Of course today is going to set me back quite a bit... I got a phone call last night that I have to fly to Tennessee to pick up my sister in law and her daughters. That's going to be 4 ours of the day that I can't get back...
Old 08-25-2014, 09:47 PM
United States | Addict

Well... considering that I didn't have any advertising, bad weather, and two blemished hood skins, I think the Carlisle show went pretty well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140822_085546_700.jpg (384.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (67)

I was part of a small group that built vehicles a long time ago. And the guys doing molds and bodies, found that they had to keep the first coat of gel coat to a certain thickness or the body would be blemished when pulled. They used a thickness gage to check while it was wet. Don't know if that's any help to you but something to consider.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:28 PM
United States | Addict

Just a quick update, I've been gone quite a bit and haven't been able to get much work done. Currently though we are working on rocker panels for both C2 and C3 vettes. It appears that one set fits all, even though some years have different designs, they all appear to fit one another so, one set of CF rockers should fit all years and if they are going to be CF then there shouldn't be any need to make multiple molds of different styles.

Edit: Just wanted to make it clear. One set of C2 rockers fit all C2 cars and one set of C3 rockers fits all C3 cars... Hopefully, lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:58 PM
United States | Addict

So I have some rocker panels I'm getting ready to mold but I'm trying to decide what to do with the tabs. It would be a ton easier to not include the tabs with the part, but I'm not sure how critical the tabs are.

So that is my question. How important are the tabs on the rocker panels? Are they necessary or can you get by without them?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:12 PM
United States | Addict

Just letting you guys know that I haven't given up. Just going through some personal stuff right now.