Engine upgrade for Blue Angel 69 (part II)

Made some progress. Here are a few pictures. Hope to be on dyno in a week or so.

17543bfdc7417f7.jpg

Jones Pulley System with Crank Sense

17543bfdc78e2dc.jpg

17543bfdc7d99f9.jpg

Cam Sense and oil pump drive.

17543bfdc82c0c1.jpg

Throttle Body and Fuel Rail mount. Need to mount throttle cable clamp off the rear corner of throttle plate.

17543bfe80cde7b.jpg

Things to do for dyno testing:
1 Find a chrome thermostat housing. Need to add a little Bling if you guys are going to call me Poser :stirpot::lol:
2 Finish DIY custom Holley Dominator EFI harness fab
3 Install Rear Cam Plug
4 Find and install Fuel Pressure Regulator and finish fuel line plumbing
5 Coolant and Manifold air Temp Sensor,
6 Custom Spark plug wire fab and Spark Plug install
7 Throttle cable clamp mount. Still thinking about "Fly by wire" on the throttle position, but would need to modify gas pedal mechanism. Anyone have experience here?

Bullshark

Dyno update

Completed initial Fuel map tuning and made the first pull. I am a happy dude. :clap:

1754519bc66d29c.jpg

Still need to calibrate knock sensor and optimize timing curve. I should be done and off the dyno this week:yahoo:

1754427d7eec1a3.jpg

Bullshark

Um based on that torque curve, you're going to make really good friends with a local tire dealer.
Is install scheduled before you head south for the winter?

Um based on that torque curve, you're going to make really good friends with a local tire dealer.
Is install scheduled before you head south for the winter?

I am afraid your right Gary :suicide: Its funny how one project leads to another in this hobby ($$$). We were just talking about how best to beef up the suspension. Offset trailing arms and an upgraded IRS options are a topic of discussion over beer up at CMC now that things have slowed down on the boats. I want to get the engine and TKO-600 transmission set in and running before I bail and the weather goes to crap. Probably going to do that up at CMC rather than the hanger. More room.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, offset TA leads to wider tires, that leads to broken diffs, so yeah rear suspension upgrade is definitely in line.
I'm actually contemplating a project this winter with similar weight to hp ratio as your beast.