About dual master cylinder.

OZgreen69

Thanks Chris, here is my work on your idea. :)

thum_39345d53d31ea9e81.jpg

I am not sure what is more work ? This or fitting a Tilton a floor mounted pedal box ??

Looks great! I would have done the floor mount if I had a later steel floor car... too much flex to mount in the 'glass and probably more work/additional weight to make it sturdy enough.
What did you end up making your pedal ratio?

Thanks Chris, here is my work on your idea. :)

thum_39345d53d31ea9e81.jpg

I am not sure what is more work ? This or fitting a Tilton a floor mounted pedal box ??

I have some photos some where of the floor mount pedal install. They cut out a chunk of the floor/firewall and bonded in a box/foot-well. It looked nice, I'll see if I can find it.

This method by vette427sbc is probably better. Especially when you are vintage racing.

I choose the 5 to 1 ratio, 5.15 to be exact.
And I was thinking more of a pedal box like this one:

thum_39345d566fbe8879b.jpg

I hope that my choice of M/C and set up is right, because it will be a pain to go behind the steering column to change them. You may understand why I want to do something about the column ! Will see...

Thanks ! Nice car and good ideas !

I like this foot well installation if you are not running side pipes, I fear that the master cylinders will get hot even with some insulation !

My choice was the model with the master cylinders underfoot like the Tilton 600 series as I have hydro clutch already.
And yes I have a Tilton balance bar adjuster.

I choose the 5 to 1 ratio, 5.15 to be exact.
I hope that my choice of M/C and set up is right, because it will be a pain to go behind the steering column to change them. You may understand why I want to do something about the column ! Will see...

I think its a column-out kind of job!

What size masters? Looks like 7/8 from the pics but I cant be sure...
did you do any calcs to change your psi at the calipers? I couldnt find the thread where you felt the pedal wasnt right... too hard or too soft. I bet the cast iron calipers can take alot of PSI before spreading like the wilwood and other alu variants

3/4 and 7/8 Master cylinders.
I always found the pedal travel too long for heel and toe and I don't mind to have a harder pedal . For the street this is another story you may prefer a longer travel.
Yes, the travel is my problem, especially when you need to pump the brake pads after a chicane !
And about the quality of the factory caliper ? You will be surprised at how much they can spread open !! This is why I have a bridge on mine thum_39345971ca136b8b2.jpg
This and the flex at the stamped bracket !!

I made my own j56 brake bracket. Crude but works. You can buy the j56, alternatively.

DSC_0119_1.jpg

Last edited: