Here i go again

kwplot34

Heart Attack
All right everybody place your bets. I finished sanding the car down today,got it all washed down again and let it set out in the sun a dry off,i think we hit 70* today.The car is now back in the garage,,up on jack stands and i am almost done masking it off,i will finish getting every thing ready tonight and tomorrow i will try it again :banghead: Lets hope this is the last time i have to sand it down and start over again. Stay tuned for some good news this time,I hope :sweat:

Are you going to use crinkle paint again ???

No,think i will just go with the standard black base coat this time :quote: no more experimenting for me,they just don't seem to work out as planned,or at least how i envisioned it any way :huh:

I always preferred a HAMMERED finish, myself.

(That requires that you actually GET hammered, prior to any paint application!!!).:lol::D

Hey Kevin... maybe you should try that this time!!!:yahoo:

I always preferred a HAMMERED finish, myself.

(That requires that you actually GET hammered, prior to any paint application!!!).:lol::D

Hey Kevin... maybe you should try that this time!!!:yahoo:

Nah, he going for the fumes, straight up.....combined with that olde glycol he stores in his garage, should be just FINE......

:bump::devil:

Just finished shooting the base coat,and taking a break before i shoot the clear,all in all in turned out pretty good,no runs,drips,or sags,the paint laid out pretty smooth,the only thing that's disappointing is the dirt,or i should say looks more like lint not to bad but there is a little,if was not for that i would be 100% satisfied what i wouldn't give for a professional paint booth,but thats not going to happen.
Any way here are some pics while i take a break before shooting the clear.

3849934aa440ec7.jpg
3849934aaca29cc.jpg
3849934ab7d106d.jpg

Looks good. And not to worry about a pro paint booth. They get a little dirt every now and then too.

Well here it is,all done with the paint and clear. I think it turned out pretty good,no major obstacles to fix this time,in fact it went without a problem.
38499373470e268.jpg
38499373489bc6a.jpg
384993734a4b3c8.jpg
384993734d41855.jpg
384993734f466e3.jpg
3849937351d1a12.jpg

Looks good. And not to worry about a pro paint booth. They get a little dirt every now and then too.

MAY be....but U should see Mack's down the road, the guy who did my shark on the hood....crazy clean....he goes ape shit over a freeking hair....

not a spot of paint on his walls/ceiling...sanitary as a hospital room....

asked what he wanted to let me use his booth.....he is reluctant...but after near 12 years...he says 150 bux....but I have to swear a BLOOD oath to get outta there in a weekend....

methinks the driveway is more like it....:devil::clobbered:

Looks great! What's the next step? Wet-sanding? Then polishing?

The next step is to polish off the better part of a 12 pack :beer:
Yea the next part is to get the tape and paper off and wait a few days then wet sand and polish. I think it will wet sand real easy since i got that clear to flow out nice and smooth.

Smok'nBBC yes it is a huge relief to finally have it done,what a feeling :yahoo:

tmrw after the hangover he finds the dingleberries, and decides to wipe it down again....

:devil:

Look good so far. How many coats of clear did you spray ? Now is the time for one important piece of advice: Do not stop after only two coats just because it looks nice and shiny. If you sand thru the clear you'll be pissed....

can't wait to see the car outside in daylight (that's where you need patience) :thumbs:

: Do not stop after only two coats just because it looks nice and shiny. If you sand thru the clear you'll be pissed....

:

And, there may be a time when you get a deep scratch in the clear and you'll want to wet-sand it out. I've had to do that and, fortunately, I had enough clear to do it.:toothbrush:

Have no fear guys,i took your advice on the coats. 4coats of base,4coats of clear :thumbs:

I can't wait to see outside in the light either,looks pretty good under the fluorescent lights and i have looked it over more than once for signs of body work and i cannot find any yet :nuts:

Kevin,

The car looks great. Now the fun part. Put everything back together without scratching anything!