any body ever own a Prowler?

bobs77vet

any body ever own a Prowler?

they have caught my fancy once again. where i live inside the DC beltway this would be an awesome car....crash tested, passes emissions inspections, fast enough to get out of its own way and real bumpers for the numb nuts on the road texting at stop lights.....i drive 9 miles of stop lights and stop and go traffic everyday to work....avg speed 20 mph (says the mustang computer) 27 minutes. it would be something different and i can live with it being a plymouth ( i think).....i may have bad mouthed chrysler/plymount products once or twice over my life.....

Last edited:
i like them alot not sure if this is the one or not, price is good but steering is off it could be PS pump belt tension, or maybe needs new ball joints just not sure. i need to think on this and maybe have real pre purchase inspection done

DSC02718_zpsipxea9zt.jpg

DSC02691_zpseu4m6aea.jpg

nice shine
DSC02681_zpsuu6n7kz6.jpg

DSC02679_zpswgzrabfe.jpg

DSC02677_zpsx8nkzppi.jpg

DSC02676_zpsb5ijzrfj.jpg

DSC02675_zpshxwuvbwc.jpg

plymouth interior, i am surprised it was nicer

DSC02695_zpsshtmswrg.jpg

battery right up front

DSC02690_zpslmxtr687.jpg

DSC02688_zpspq1y7dmg.jpg

nice shine
DSC02685_zpsg7filqe2.jpg

DSC02744_zpssm8ppx32.jpg

DSC02719_zpsxcync32b.jpg

new tires all around

DSC02726_zpsiaoil299.jpg

Last edited:
the guy backed out of the deal when i said i wanted a pre purchase inspection done that i paid for at the local plymouth dealer. he said he didnt want the hassle of having it done. i think it was a combiantion of a low selling price and maybe something he knew that i didnt see. in any event when some one balks at a pre purchase inspection by a real shop its time to say ok thanks,smile and walk away.

Weren't they underpowered? Seems to me that was the biggest complaint.

Why not a factory five 33 coupe?

Weren't they underpowered? Seems to me that was the biggest complaint.

Why not a factory five 33 coupe?

the first year was underpowered subsequent years have the same weight to HP ratio as a base C5, so not really underpowered, some guys put huge ass Hemis in them. this one has 10 hp per 100lbs, for a whopping 253 HP.

i like the factory 5 daytona coupes alot. where i live inside the DC belt way really sucks for cars. the 53 MG TD is just not safe on the roads around here with the crazy drivers. i have decided for the next car it has to have passed the govts crash test standards and have air bags, so that leaves C5 and up ,mustangs which i have one, camaros ....and the one that tickles my fancy is the prowler, i can use it safely around here, its different then the rest and i like the way it looks.

turns out the guy isnt backing out he just has to come to turns with losing $8k on his purchase and putting less then 1000 miles on the car. i understand he will be contacting me to renew our discussions. the price is very favorable and i havent put any caveats on my offer other then a pre purchase inspection and i accepted his asking price, so we have to see where this goes.....now to sell the 53 mgtd....

They definitely held their value. I understand completely about having a newer factory vehicle, I'm on my second zo6. Just get in and drive.

They definitely held their value. I understand completely about having a newer factory vehicle, I'm on my second zo6. Just get in and drive.

yeah those are nice .....my mustang computer tells me my average drive MPH is 20 mph.....i use the mustang to and from work every day...9 miles 20 mph average, i get up to 45 mph once for a 3/4 of a mile, other wise traffic light to traffic light. the guys at work were busting my chops about a v6 mustang until i showed them that. then they just said ok and never brought it up again.

the sale is back on the guy is going to have his last fling with it cleaning it up and getting it ready for me. just not sure when we are going to consummate the deal....hes a nice older gentleman and the price is right so i want to be very agreeable but not pushy.