C5 stock manifolds or shorty headers?

You're right....I never looked at them real close from a quick glance in an engine bay and seeing the rust and the heat shields, I figured they were cast like the vette LS1 manifolds but indeed they are 409.

Obviously these are too expensive for the cheapa$$es at GM, the manifolds on my C6 are cast ...

McJacks

That sucks. On-line / via e-mail he seems to be a good guy. I ordered a set of his big block short headers to bolt to my 'stock fit' magnaflow system. The parts and service were fine. He sent gaskets, bolts and doughnuts. Pack nice and arrived quickly to Ohio. They seem to made well - I'll let you know how they hold up.

Look at the Performance Headers tab at McJacks Corvettes.
http://www.mcjackscorvettes.com/

I don't trust that guy. I live close, and looked at his "custom" ceramic coated 81 headers. They were just old used 81 headers he had ceramic coated at Embee. :mad:

Well, looks like I missed out on the SS shorties that were on fleabay. The became more expensive than I wanted. The F-body shorties seemed a little sketchy. I asked the seller if they both had O2 bungs or was it just one side. He said they both did, however, they need an adapter they didn't carry. I asked for more details on the adapter and he said he didn't have any. So I quietly walked away. I think I'll stick with what I have to be cheap. I can't justify buying anything worth buying.