DD Problem

Stpman

2000 Sunfire 2.4l 5 sp stick, Car will shut off while driving at 100 - 120 Kph wait a few minutes and it starts back up and pulls hard (up to 5k rpm). I'm thinking the fuel pump is about to die over 248,000 Km.

Steve

The speed varies and it's usually after driving for about 20-30 minutes (only in the morning on the drive to work never on the drive home at night)

ignition module maybe?

try running the car at idle and hit the module with a hot air blower to warm it up and see if it stalls then

Its probably on the ignition side not the fuel side. Sounds like an ignition module or a crank sensor.

Its probably on the ignition side not the fuel side. Sounds like an ignition module or a crank sensor.

So a little while ago I changed out the ign module/coil packs etc (everything bolted to the cover) because it wouldn't stay running, possible I got a flakie ign module? Turns out my original problem was a bad coil pack cover. so if I take the coil cover of the setup I have on the car now and put it on the old coils/ign module maybe the problem my go away?

Steve

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the module. I had to change the ignition module 4 times on our '99 Camaro V6. That thing is located right above the exhaust manifold where it's getting hot... great idea to put it there.... anyways, I bought a replacement at AdvancedAuto and returned it three times covered by their "lifetime warranty"... the stock module lasted 5 years, the aftermarket modules lasted 10 months to one year.

Last edited: