Toy 4 runner '95 2wd, auto 3.0 V6

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
ANY one with experience on them?? neighbor has one, grandson has it now, for two years, engine gurggles when cranked, sounds like nothing I know, and the rust spray though out the engine compartment and dripping from front end is astounding....looks like paint...that bad....

some local shop told Chuck, need engine....I have NO experience on these....

tranny fluid is dark, truck loosing water kid not checking but the overflow tank, engine finally turned up the toes,

so question is...another fresh engine 2100 bux...but...can this kid get a reasonable chance of 4 years college out of this???

I say NO....junk and buy a Kia/Hunday....

:bonkers::crap:

Depends on how much cash he has and what else is wrong with it. $2,100 and install cost would be cheaper than a new/used car. No? No reason to believe he won't get a good number of miles out of a new engine. I think Turtle has >100 miles on his crate engine. What condition is the trans and rest of it?

I bought my wife a 98 and it has 205k on it now and doesn't smoke or use any oil. All I do to it is change the oil regularly and a timing belt ever 100k with fresh hoses and belts. Oh yeah it's just needing new valve cover gaskets, thanks for reminding me what I'm doing this weekend:(