TPI Fuel Pump Recomendations

Stpman

Putting a TPI setup on the small block in my 77 Sierra and I'm looking for recomendations for fuel pump, in tank or external?

External is the way to fly, and mounted below the tank, I put the filter on the suck side to help save the pump....I have extra anti slosh tank under my OEM tank, but lived with the fuel slosh/engine run problem for many years need keep 1/8 tank in it...not a issue, really...

the pump I have is sold under generic names from parts houses....

Sorry I can't remember maker or model now...but it's ~2" dia, about 6" long white plastic on input, and the electricals and output on the other end, again in white plastic....comes with a bunch of fittings....:smash:

I am using a Walbro 255 on my 74 Vette to feed my TPI engine. I have been very happy with it and it is fairly quiet.

internal Delco pump. These are super reliable. If you need massive flow, Aeromotive is coming out w/ a stealth in tank pump

internal Delco pump. These are super reliable. If you need massive flow, Aeromotive is coming out w/ a stealth in tank pump

The Delco adaptation means spending as much or more time messing with the tank, welding, cutting, install then doing the TPI bolt on and wiring.....
no sweat if you have your own fab shop, but kinda tough and expensive without one....krazy thing is, here in the states we can't buy junkyard tanks, dunno why, just is....stupid EPA laws once again....

:beer:

Acually after thinking about it more. The best solution would probably be to run a factory EFI sending unit out a latter model year truck of the same body style.

Acually after thinking about it more. The best solution would probably be to run a factory EFI sending unit out a latter model year truck of the same body style.

This was my first though, I think the 87 (last year of this style) was a TBI and wondered how much it would take to covert to the higher pressure for TPI

The TPI pump is a bolt on deal for any TBI sending unit, the connector on the pump may be different but that's all.