Lingenfelter fiberglass bumper

MYBAD79

I got this fiberglass bumper today, went over to Titusville and picked it up at Ecklers. It was packed in a huge box and with all the packing material inside I did not want to open it right there... if you order a bumper online and have it delivered you can't inspect it before it gets to your house so I just took the box and went home.... mistake....

Here's what I found:

214b64b2e8924ce.jpg

It's not only that the corner is broken off, obviously this damaged corner has been repaired - and what a shitty repair this is....

214b64b2e955455.jpg

Note that the hole that is supposed to be there is not in the (new) fiberglass, only in the outer grey layer :bomb:

214b64b2ea68d12.jpg

This is what it looks on the inside of the bumper:

214b64b356cae70.jpg

I sent Ecklers costumer service an email ....

That what you get for being a nice guy and not creating a huge kerfufle by unpackaging and inspecting it right in the middle of their show room. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Just take it back, some poor schmuck on this side of the pond will receive that after he pays 500$ to have it shipped. I've only received damaged parts from them and they never do a thing about it. Ecklers = the suck!

So, now you have to strap that box back on top of the Mustang to take it back LOL

That thing looks heavy...

It is heavy.... but it's not flimsy like the stock bumper and it is one piece with the lower section - not several pieces held together with plastic clips. I also like the small spoiler lip and the integrated third brake light.

I dunno man, from comments over the years, I"d be more concerned about the overall fitment of the thing, screw those little dings....

:confused::nuts::drink:

If it's just glass when not repair it? Take it back first and see if they want to give you a new one or refund ...30%? of the purchase price of this one for the damage.

It's an auction at $300.... might be $400 or $500 and then this thing is so huge it's at least $150 to ship.... seller does not even want to ship... I understand why...LOL

wonder why he's selling... maybe it doesn't fit...LOL...

oh well, I might as well get the ZO6 quarters if it requires fitting.....

then the 12X19" rims fit with a 325-30-19 tire ... hmmmm.....

:3rd::bounce::3rd:;):mime::mime:

It's an auction at $300.... might be $400 or $500 and then this thing is so huge it's at least $150 to ship.... seller does not even want to ship... I understand why...LOL

wonder why he's selling... maybe it doesn't fit...LOL...

oh well, I might as well get the ZO6 quarters if it requires fitting.....

then the 12X19" rims fit with a 325-30-19 tire ... hmmmm.....

:3rd::bounce::3rd:;):mime::mime:

:hissyfit: NOSE, TENT, stick with :waxer: i'ts easier....:cry: