United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
I'm not "there" yet, but your efforts give me an approximate timeline and pseudo parts list to work with as a guide. Expect it will take longer than you.
My goal is by first snow to have this done.... there's more then a little sarcasm in that estimate.
I've got a real shot at making it before the first snow - in Phoenix. May not occur this year.

Pappy
snow usually happens just after Christmas. We're so close to the Pacific Ocean that it moderates the temps - if the Puget Sound didn't happen, we'd have snow about the same time as Denver..... because it exists, we get snow events but it's almost funny how rare major events are - south of us (Oregon) tends to get more snow. That said, if we get hit... we can have one winter where we might get a few inches and about a week total of snow and the next winter several feet that comes in December and doesn't leave until March.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:35 AM
United States | Addict

time to make new rods

done

how to spring
install in hole, wrap wire through other end

pull

remove wire
Old 10-15-2020, 04:19 AM
United States | Addict

brakes, check

checking rear alignment

​​​​​​​
for those who wonder what the front of an LS looks like
Old 10-16-2020, 05:10 AM
United States | Addict

went out and bedded the new brakes.... they work excellent
then needed to mark TDC in a way I can actually see it to time it - first, get to TDC... well, I guess that will do

amazingly hard to get this in placeedited

good news, I know where the oil leak is.... bad news, not sure I can fix it

and now my most favorite job ever... wiring

soon, headlights

the finish of tonight was this is the last step (install the switch)

in annoyances... my dipstick is broke
Old 10-20-2020, 05:06 AM
United States | Addict

I spent part of the weekend with the kid whose pictures I've featured - in that we set timing and changed the oil... so not a lot done but a lot done
today, started working on the radio plate....

I'm still not there with the lights.... but today's issue was wrong switch... that said, I need to spend more time on it to make it reliable
​​​​​​​
here's the link on Facebook... only reason I'm putting anything about this up is this kid is both talented and overcoming challenges...

hope this link works... if not, let me know
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 10-20-2020, 12:28 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (684)

I don't "do" FB. But, here is a link to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]. Yes, incredible talent.
Cheers - Jim
Old 10-20-2020, 05:09 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
I don't "do" FB. But, here is a link to his [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]. Yes, incredible talent.
Cheers - Jim
and now us in HD
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 10-21-2020, 08:28 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (13)

very nice video, i had as much fun looking at your projects as the kid did.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:52 AM
United States | Addict

Today's fail was brought to you by FiTech.edited Those who know my '40 know this fail....edited

so a bit of background - FiTech said disconnect the stuck injector.... which is great if you have an allen wrench and a -6 AN wrench.... or wire cutters.... unless, of course, the one stupid injector's wiring is buried so you can't cut it....edited

tow truck it is.edited And just like the '40, I got it home and it runs fine..... but there for awhile it was old-faithful with fuel blowing out of the front, right venturi.

one of my friends thinks it was because I was mocking Subarus... don't know the relevance? FiTech injectors are Subaru injectors...edited
Old 10-27-2020, 04:51 AM
United States | Addict

break every warranty.edited I'm slightly annoyed that the warranty on these is only a year - a pro tip is buy the FiTech (or whatever) the day before you start shaking it down
I think that an injector plugged, I'll order another but it's a bit annoying that I need to carry extra proprietary injectors with me when the car has 49 miles on it

because I'm annoyed a few secrets are going to be shared... first, all handhelds work with all computers and the software is contained on a microSD card

oops, it fell apart

when you take it apart - the older version - you have to gently pry the joy stick knob off

like this

The cause of this is that I was told to blow dust our from around the joystick (without taking it apart - which pretty much guaranteed it was coming apart)

anyone see the design flaw?edited yeah, no seal around the joystick

the touchscreen has a seal, but not the joystick so dust and crap can get in there.... would have been good to know before I painted the damn car..but back to the 'buy this last'.... don't be me - buy the FiTech last (and I still recommend them because I've heard a nasty rumor that the injectors are actually WRX)
I'll get a part number soon - they're 38mm 62# injectors for the 800 30008 fitech, they're 38mm 42# for the 600 hp version.... one interesting thing, if you want to run stacks, it'd be dead simply to use the FiTech system to run it.... why, you may ask, well... I might be considering such a dastardly thing

in other less annoying news, signals and driving lights are next.edited I want to hide these in the air inlets so the headlights don't, actually, ever 'have' to deploy.

in other fixes.... oil dipstick fell apart... I could fix this but I've decided I don't like flexible shafts

a stiffer rod

FGZ in 3...2...1....
also bought a car cover