New shop in the works

Do you have plans for drains in the floor so you can wash cars inside? That is something I really want in my next garage. BTW nice big garage. That would do me good for some time. Keep the updates coming.

It IS a great shop/garage, and yes, in WISCONSIN, he needs all the great stuff he can get.....

here in FLORIDA I could do with a nice 10 ton air conditioner.....

:flash::yahoo:

Been awhile since I updated this. We pored in November. I called in sick to work for this, but it was something I had to see!

Here is everything ready to go.
003_zps698cdf3f.jpg

Here is the conveyor truck.
008_zps90317683.jpg

Cement trucks lining up for the pore.
018_zps9f9d1503.jpg

Finally the cement!
013_zpsfb9cc5b9.jpg

And here it is done.
006_zps4bc8a644.jpg
007-3_zps45a3c4a1.jpg
008_zpsd93ff297.jpg

Here is my trench drain and separation pit.
009_zps1bb85bee.jpg

That looks really nice! I couldn't wait to get into my shop after the floor was poured. I probably should have because those things sweat a bunch while they're curing... ah well.

how are you going to avoid the heating lines when you put in your lift?

You start the heat system up then you can put water or alcohol down on the floor and watch the tubing grid show it's layout as the liquid starts to evaporate. Or you can use your IR temp gun to find the tubes because it will be warmer directly above the heat tubes.

I routed the heat tubes around the areas (roughly 2'x2') that I plan on mounting hoists to make that process less painfully.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

You start the heat system up then you can put water or alcohol down on the floor and watch the tubing grid show it's layout as the liquid starts to evaporate. Or you can use your IR temp gun to find the tubes because it will be warmer directly above the heat tubes.

I routed the heat tubes around the areas (roughly 2'x2') that I plan on mounting hoists to make that process less painfully.

O, U plan A hea
d :censored::beer:

My concrete guy jokingly said if I was worried about drilling into a tube that I should seal the slab when its cold and crank up the heat while the sealer is wet because it would burn the wet sealer where the lines are and leave a permanent grid or the lines on the floor. Not going to try that.

My concrete guy jokingly said if I was worried about drilling into a tube that I should seal the slab when its cold and crank up the heat while the sealer is wet because it would burn the wet sealer where the lines are and leave a permanent grid or the lines on the floor. Not going to try that.

the same effect could be done right after the pour - run cold water through the tubes to slow the concrete curing above the tubes. Of course, it'd probably crack too; but that's just a trifling detail :)