New toy

Looking Really Good

By the time you have this rolling - and on the track - you'll be into less than 20K easy - I bet. You couldn't get a fresh car with that capability for twice that - Keep going - not only am I impressed - but a little jealous too! Wish I'd could have see this loong ago and didn't begin my "Decent into Hell," converting my C3.

BTW - guess you know with midplates you need to adjust the flexplate etc so you still engage starter, tranny etc. But it certainly give major chassis support.

Cheers - Jim

Should be easily less than 20k with a decent engine, less than 10k if I continue with the parts I already, the majority of my cost is going to associated with the engine and tranny, and that is a broad range, I don't know what I want to do yet

No mid plate necessary with the bell housing I found on ebay

I made some but they don't allow me to slide the motor over enough for balancing the car so I need to reconnect them to the frame, I thought about just leaving them off but I might as well

SeO8Ykvn6_NiIU28RxeyKheYqHiIxHEBNLJew=w412-h549-no.jpg

Not the lightest way to make the duct but not too heavy and overkill for strength. Still probably only 10 pounds

Made the frame out of 1/2" square tubing and some angle iron on the radiator

Going to put another 1/4" mesh screen inside the duct for extra protection

Getting my wisdom teeth out tuesday, hopefully they dont take too long to heal

Need to do the brake ducts once I finish up, tripple 3", probably a little excessive

20131215_171134_zps126ca0e1.jpg

IMG_20131215_170841_zps89009e89.jpg

20131215_170814_zps68df3388.jpg

Made the tow hook out of 1/4"

20131215_183936_zps76c8ceb6.jpg

I think I might buy one of these for up front, splittler from a car of tomorrow

It won't be quite long enough to make it to the wheel well though, would have to extend it somehow

XXU-12348-2.jpg

Good luck on your teeth there man, I going to get a cyst cut outta my left wrist at 830 this AM.....

been bothering me for a damn month now...can't do shit....

:crap::(

Ended up getting all those parts for 300 bucks, few things I was just getting ready to buy like the sway bar arms and some other things I need eventually. The stainless tri-y collectors are nice so I'll be running those, drive shafts will work, have a bunch of quick change gears, ended up with 8 different calipers, have superlite calipers for the rear now.

They only had one of these calipers and one more of the wilwood calipers I already have for spare parts

He'll let me know if he finds the other caliper though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Alcon-Brake-Caliper-Front-6645-NASCAR-Short-Track-/151128151767

also have the exhaust for under the car, oval tubing and x pipe

there was also a moroso vacuum pump, not sure whether to run it or sell it to get money for motor parts

Also the pump for the fresh air helmet with the filter and stuff is nice

Hoping I can sell the extra shock shafts for enough to buy another pair of shocks

Last edited:
Need to figure out shock mounts, not sure if I am going to use the upper ones that are already there or make new ones.

Also need to mount the sway bar, bought an 1 11/16 hollow sway bar with 1.5" ends

One brake duct is done up front and the other is on the way, the spindle ducts I got in the parts look like I can make them work, a little beat up though.

Figuring out squaring up the suspension, I think I've got the lowers figured out with the pieces I have, uppers need some slugs. I probably need to get a bumper steer gauge and the caster camber gauge to get everything figured out

I ended up remeasuring the ball joint height and it ended up being the same on each side, so that is nice, not sure how I screwed that up so bad the first time

Should be pulling out the rear end tomorrow and flipping the axle tube tomorrow

IMG_20131226_161903_zps7f2cde34.jpg

20131223_193747_zpsaeadd59e.jpg