Obama Calls Obama a Dictator..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we want to end up like France, Italy, Spain, etc. ?? Or, Germany?
We are on that road, and we need to get back to American values before it's too late.

We have elections to determine this. If the majority want's to model ourselves after the European's then that's what's going to happen and supposed to happen in a government determined for the people and by the people.

Really simple. "American values" are what the people determine them to be as we progress into the future.

Again you are forgetting we are a republic....if the majority wanted to destroy the entire middle east with nuclear war, I guess that would be the way it should be.

We are on that road, and we need to get back to American values before it's too late.

We have elections to determine this. If the majority want's to model ourselves after the European's then that's what's going to happen and supposed to happen in a government determined for the people and by the people.

Really simple. "American values" are what the people determine them to be as we progress into the future.

Again you are forgetting we are a republic....if the majority wanted to destroy the entire middle east with nuclear war, I guess that would be the way it should be.

Yes, The people will elect a President and Congress that have that philosophy. The President then appoints Supreme Court judges with the same philosophy. In any event, there is nothing specific enough in the Constitution that would disallow Nuking the middle east or making government medicine or welfare law of the land. Like it or not the Constitution is extremely flexible. Hell, we had slavery in the beginning because the majority were OK with it. At the point where more people were aginst it than for it, things changed.

Change or die.

Yes, The people will elect a President and Congress that have that philosophy. The President then appoints Supreme Court judges with the same philosophy. In any event, there is nothing specific enough in the Constitution that would disallow Nuking the middle east or making government medicine or welfare law of the land. Like it or not the Constitution is extremely flexible. Hell, we had slavery in the beginning because the majority were OK with it. At the point where more people were aginst it than for it, things changed.

Change or die.

We also have to power to change it back!!

Change or die.

We also have to power to change it back!!

Absolutely.

US Capitol bldg, or Jefferson/Washington memorials I forget which, but lean to US CAP.....:gurney:

Jefferson memorial...... Tom,I and the Mrs, had our cup off coffee together on sunday am and I saw that inscription on the wall and it reminded me of this thread.....even the founders thought our constituion should be a flexible document and change with the times...

Jefferson memorial......
even the founders thought our constituion should be a flexible document and change with the times...

I only see evidence of 1 of the founding fathers. A personal opinion.
Anything to support this in the Constitution, which IS the law, until changed by congress?

Last edited:
Jefferson memorial......
even the founders thought our constituion should be a flexible document and change with the times...

Anything to support this in the Constitution, which IS the law, until changed by congress?

Amendments?

Jefferson memorial......

Amendments?

Yes, amendments, not current policital correctness or presidential decree.
Ammendments are purposely ment to be a long legal process in order to have time to for the congress to really think things through, especially changes to the constitution.

Jefferson memorial......

Amendments?

Yes, amendments, not current policital correctness or presidential decree.
Ammendments are purposely ment to be a long legal process in order to have time to for the congress to really think things through, especially changes to the constitution.

NOT up to CONNgress, but also some vast majority of the STATES have to approve also....2/3-3/4 of them.....

that little thing called RATIFICATION.....

BUT when you have a cabal of critters determined to subvert the .gov intent and are trained radical communists from the git go, for over 100 years, it's a tough thing to overcome, which is why I feel I have lived the best life this country has to offer, and my kids will suffer for the misinformation they 'learned' in college....

:shocking::crap:

Trained radical communists? 100 years worth? Dare I ask who you mean?

Jefferson memorial......

I would argue that the mere point that they acknowledge and formulated an ammendment process Article 5 would strongly suggest that they saw change happening and included a way to adopt it or to "Amend the constitution".

Trained radical communists? 100 years worth? Dare I ask who you mean?

The victims of the 'liberal arts' establishment in the typical colleges/universities that actually think they KNOW something and learned NOTHING in their 4 expensive years, yeh, they got a degree in basketweaving alright, but are essentially unemployable and worthless for anything except teaching basketweaving with a new twist...underwater....

I saw through all that crap back in school daze yet.....most of the profs philosophizing about how great the USSR was and how GREAT they were doing, and all that crap lies my family knew was totally incorrect.....how they tried to indoctrinate the students of 50 years ago as to how wonderful the collective was and tried to make individualism a sin, somehow....from the englush department through anything to so with ALL the liberal arts types....philosophy, psych, history, language, sociology (the worst of the bunch) and SO all those students could not find decent work so they found the only jobs their PHD's could justify....continue the socialization of the nation.....and yes, it's a bunch of PROGRESSIVES in charge...changed their handle to Liberals, but became hated once again, so now a century later pull out the PROGRESSIVE label once more, as no one but them edits history books published today.....except you CAN still find old history books .....

:twitch::surrender: it's all about power and control, citizens living in suburbs are too difficult to control, so attack their accomplishments, how to do that? transportatioin, house prices, GAS prices, interest rates, credit, and of course more meaningless .gov bullshit regulations .....much of it fueled by lawyers who can't make a HONEST living, never did a damn thing, just doing nothing and debating over the obvious is their Forte'.....

:smash::smash::surrender:

Status
Not open for further replies.