Obama Calls Obama a Dictator..

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are funny...these kids are here any way and not going any where, they are working jobs that nobody else wants, now they have a chance to legitimately join the work world and pay into our system which is a good thing. In any event once these people have a child born in the USA (which doesnt take much effort) they arent going any where.....no one is going to deport an American citizens parents. this is a good thing and i just wish the numb nuts in Congress had the capability of figuring this out by them selves. the gridlock in congress is the worst i have ever seen. I think this is way over due and at least some one took a stand.

I think it's time to LONG SINCE have rounded the illegals ALL up and deport them and seal the border tight, with electronics.....the way the border patrol wanted to do 20 years ago....we have the tech, just the stupid jerks in DC won't let them do it.....

:bonkers:

you guys are funny...these kids are here any way and not going any where, they are working jobs that nobody else wants, now they have a chance to legitimately join the work world and pay into our system which is a good thing. In any event once these people have a child born in the USA (which doesnt take much effort) they arent going any where.....no one is going to deport an American citizens parents. this is a good thing and i just wish the numb nuts in Congress had the capability of figuring this out by them selves. the gridlock in congress is the worst i have ever seen. I think this is way over due and at least some one took a stand.

I didn't say wether I agreed with the idea or not, but it is easy to jump to conclusions. Similar to I don't want to pay tax to support the nanny state so I am a bad guy who hates people.

It is all the in the principle. If we ignore the rules of the constitution we are on the slippery slope to a dictatorship. It really boils down to principle, very few left in government have very much if it.

.........they are working jobs that nobody else wants......

Sorry Bob. I have to disagree with this one. Those jobs were filled just fine before the immigration influx. All they have done is depress the wages these jobs formally commanded.

Sorry Bob. I have to disagree with this one. Those jobs were filled just fine before the immigration influx. All they have done is depress the wages these jobs formally commanded.

well i can speak only to the states i have lived in...ohio, pa, ny and Va and i have not observed that. they are working jobs no one else wanted to do.

To me this topic is closely related to the other topics we have been discussing. The question is why do immigrants want to come to the USA in the 21st century? Is it because of the opportunity to work hard and earn a living? Or is it to take advantage of the benefits our government provides? They are able to work for a lower wage because the government subsidizes thier lives with food, education and housing. If things were different we would have a much higher quality of immigrant and no one would mind because they would be contributing to society. As it is the government causes a lowering of work ethic among most of the immigrants.

I have been to the SS office a few times because I am my elderly MILs personal representative. Each time I was the only non ESL person there out of 8-10 people. Mostly non elderly somalians. Also my daughter has a gymnastics class, which is across the street from the SS office, almost every time I see, again, groups of non elderly Somalians there. One can't help but wonder WTF.

Why do we give preference to those immigrating who need more assistance, vs educated people who could jump into the work force without assistance?

To me this topic is closely related to the other topics we have been discussing. The question is why do immigrants want to come to the USA in the 21st century? Is it because of the opportunity to work hard and earn a living? Or is it to take advantage of the benefits our government provides?

That's easy. They are just people who want a better life.
Let me ask you this:

If you grew up in Mexico, and your wages were $10 a day, and the country was impoverished, had 20,000 a year drug related murders, and poverty/crime prevailed, good education was unavailable, and you could sneak across the border to the north and have a chance at a better life for you and your children, what would YOU do?

I would do the same dam thing.

That was what NAFTA was supposed to do. Give them jobs and hope at home. The only way we are ractually ever going to solve this problem is to help Mexico grow it's economy WITHOUT the drug trade, so it is less worth the risk to come here.

I am quite sure if Mexico was better, they would just as soon stay home.

well i can speak only to the states i have lived in...ohio, pa, ny and Va and i have not observed that. they are working jobs no one else wanted to do.

:tth: Quit paying out welfare to every lazy bastard with no job, 6 kids+ and free housing, maybe we see more WORK ethic, but that wouldn't keep them on the .gov plantation, now would it??

:cussing:

:tth: Quit paying out welfare to every lazy bastard with no job, 6 kids+ and free housing, maybe we see more WORK ethic, but that wouldn't keep them on the .gov plantation, now would it??

:cussing:

I agree the system is overwhelmed and broken. It's just not an easy fix.

To me this topic is closely related to the other topics we have been discussing. The question is why do immigrants want to come to the USA in the 21st century? Is it because of the opportunity to work hard and earn a living? Or is it to take advantage of the benefits our government provides?

Let me ask you this:

If you grew up in Mexico, and your wages were $10 a day, and the country was impoverished, had 20,000 a year drug related murders, and poverty/crime prevailed, good education was unavailable, and you could sneak across the border to the north and have a chance at a better life for you and your children, what would YOU do?

That was what NAFTA was supposed to do. Give them jobs and hope at home. The only way we are ractually ever going to solve this problem is to help Mexico grow it's economy WITHOUT the drug trade, so it is less worth the risk to come here.

THROUGH the payment of WELFARE, our .gov has enabled the destruction of Mexico, and heavily contributed to the destabilization of much of Latin America.....:devil::eek::cussing:

To me this topic is closely related to the other topics we have been discussing. The question is why do immigrants want to come to the USA in the 21st century? Is it because of the opportunity to work hard and earn a living? Or is it to take advantage of the benefits our government provides? They are able to work for a lower wage because the government subsidizes thier lives with food, education and housing. If things were different we would have a much higher quality of immigrant and no one would mind because they would be contributing to society. As it is the government causes a lowering of work ethic among most of the immigrants.

I have been to the SS office a few times because I am my elderly MILs personal representative. Each time I was the only non ESL person there out of 8-10 people. Mostly non elderly somalians. Also my daughter has a gymnastics class, which is across the street from the SS office, almost every time I see, again, groups of non elderly Somalians there. One can't help but wonder WTF.

Why do we give preference to those immigrating who need more assistance, vs educated people who could jump into the work force without assistance?

because we're good people who care about others in need.

Let me ask you this:

THROUGH the payment of WELFARE, our .gov has enabled the destruction of Mexico, and heavily contributed to the destabilization of much of Latin America.....:devil::eek::cussing:

true - by allowing illegal immigration and deporting the criminals we make Central and South America rife with criminals....

.....seal the border tight, with electronics.....the way the border patrol wanted to do 20 years ago....we have the tech, just the stupid jerks in DC won't let them do it.....

what about the guy on the jet ski who ran out of gas and swam over to JFK and scaled the fence and walked into the terminal soaking wet, asking for help.....i bet Raytheon has got some "splaining" to do....

.....seal the border tight, with electronics.....the way the border patrol wanted to do 20 years ago....we have the tech, just the stupid jerks in DC won't let them do it.....

what about the guy on the jet ski who ran out of gas and swam over to JFK and scaled the fence and walked into the terminal soaking wet, asking for help.....i bet Raytheon has got some "splaining" to do....

Yes, the argument by exception, so lets focus on the ONE case....

where AS me talking with the El Paso Border patrol office, personally one on one with the agents/tech in charge....during a chance trip with a old friend, they found out I was from Wash DC, and all lit up like I was some authority from there....RONG, I knew no one in border patrol, but got a input from them about what was what....they working with old antique Viet Nam tech and knowing they could back THEN seal the border easy.....

and wondering WTF was RONG with DC, I already knew THAT answer, not that it mattered much, so I never really got into it with them.....good group of guy too, many of them with Hispanic surnames too....

AND with today's digital processing, we can secure that border SO easy and cheep, it's pathetic, just have to know WTF you are doing, and that sure is NOT WASH DC.....talk of a town that elevates the stupid and politically indoctrinated to WAY more than they can EVER MANAGE.....that's one town guilty as charged, and we blame GM?? bullshit, I blame the .gov for ALL of GM/Ford/Mopar woes.....

I know too much, makes me a dangerous opponent in a discussion....

:devil::toothbrush:

Status
Not open for further replies.