Love is Blue

I'm still around guys!

Hi!

Just wanted to check in. It's been way too long since I've been aboard.
I had a rough time medically lately and have been in and out of th hospital a few times in the past 6 months. Sorry.
I'll be celebrating my 65th birthday later this month and LOVE IS BLUE and I are still playing around, though not as much since the econemy went into the tank.
Mony is just too tight for a retired old man to trhrow around like I use to. Sure you all understand.

LOVE was damaged while at a show in Orlando @ Old Town the end of last year and it went to American Super Cars for repairs and repaint. This is the first time I haven't been able to do my own work and it sure felt funny just handing the car off to someone else to do the work. Phil did a wonderful job and now LOVE is repainted and looks better then before.

I plan on doiing the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise in October if anyone wants to drop by and chat. Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

Here's some recent photos of the Vette and I taken last month. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Copy of #43.204- Aug. 08, 2009- Glenn heading to Canal Street for 13 th Anniv. cruise.jpg
    Copy of #43.204- Aug. 08, 2009- Glenn heading to Canal Street for 13 th Anniv. cruise.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Copy of #43.209- Aug. 08, 2009- Rear stripe detail.jpg
    Copy of #43.209- Aug. 08, 2009- Rear stripe detail.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Copy of #43.210- Aug. 08, 2009- Head rest detail.jpg
    Copy of #43.210- Aug. 08, 2009- Head rest detail.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 32
Very nice pics and I hope you will have a great Daytona Beach Dream Cruise next month:thumbs:

Take care of your health:drink:

I thought you had sold your car?

Glad to hear you still have it. Best wishes with your health.

Yeh, Glen, me too on the comments, for sure....and yes, I plan on Daytona anyway.....tempted to do Old Town also....but I gotta watch expenses, being retarred and all....

so I can find Daytona....the way my buddy went almost 2 years ago, via the back roads it would take a Garmin to find it....and even then I not sure....but he is a Florida native and about age 70.....:bonkers::shocking:

Glenn, I have seen your car many times and it has always amazed me with its extensive modifications. Besides the engineering, follow through, sticking through the many challenges; you had major surgery and a bad back to contend with. I remember when you were working to solve the cooling problem with an aching back. The photo chronology of the building of 'Love is Blue' was awe inspiring. Good luck with your health and future showing of 'Beastie.'

Lost???

Yeh, Glen, me too on the comments, for sure....and yes, I plan on Daytona anyway.....tempted to do Old Town also....but I gotta watch expenses, being retarred and all....

so I can find Daytona....the way my buddy went almost 2 years ago, via the back roads it would take a Garmin to find it....and even then I not sure....but he is a Florida native and about age 70.....:bonkers::shocking:

I thought it was sold also, but the guy still has not come through with the money though he says he's still working on buying it. That stuff ($$$) is in tight supplies these days it seems:search:

Daytona Beach hard to find?? :bonkers:NAW!
Just follow I-95 south till you are abouth half way through Florida on the East coast. Take the exits marked for Rt. 92 (International Speedway Blvd) Daytona Beach and there you are! Piece of cake!
Hope to see you there if LOVE is still in my possession.
I just got another e-mail from a guy in Canada this week who wants to fly down and take a look at her for the price I'm asking. We'll see what happens. Later guys!:drink:

I guess it was a bit unclear Glen, I was thinking of Kissemee when typing that sentence....

:shocking: