Love is Blue

In the pic of the hour meter, what hose ends are those? Are those the old Spectre hose clamps that work like a compression fitting? 2 pc aluminium (red/blue) w/ a plastic compression sleeve inside that slips over the hose? Too bad they don't make those anymore, those were so much nicer than the fake ones you put over a regular hose clamp.

We have a winner!

In the pic of the hour meter, what hose ends are those? Are those the old Spectre hose clamps that work like a compression fitting? 2 pc aluminium (red/blue) w/ a plastic compression sleeve inside that slips over the hose? Too bad they don't make those anymore, those were so much nicer than the fake ones you put over a regular hose clamp.

You are correct. That's exactly what they were. I didn't know they no longer offer those. I quit using it a few years into the build. I'll have to check and see if I still have them stuck away some where. Glenn

You could look at this car every day for a year and discover something new each day!

Yep, ol' Spectre had at least one thing good going and for some reason shit canned it. Best method I've seen to easily join braided hose to non AN stuff. Must of been too complicated for some "hotrodders" :wink:
DSC00015.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly, those are what I mean. Can you believe it, for all the junk they make they discontinue the one good thing! :bonkers::suicide:

Received one of those summit alternator brackets, prolly made in china. 1 rod end missing, 2 bolts the wrong size, 1 aluminium spacer missing...WTF?

Received one of those summit alternator brackets, prolly made in china. 1 rod end missing, 2 bolts the wrong size, 1 aluminium spacer missing...WTF?

It's hard to fill an American order when you don't speak the language and have neveer even SEEN such a part or (probably) know what it's used for. America has sold itself to the lowest bidde:sos:r. :suicide:Don't get me started!:cussing::skeptic:

mine fit fine, only needed some TLC on the OD of the rod ends

missing bolts/rod ends ?? :lol:

Painting the body...the first time!

27052-July151993-VetteinBDpaintboot.jpg
27060-July151993-VetteinBDPaintboot.jpg
27061-July151993-TopviewofVetteread.jpg
27066-July161993-BillMadausownerofB.jpg
27068-July161993-Rentedthepaintboot.jpg
27071-July161993-Clearcoatsdone-Car.jpg
27073-July161993-Carfinished.jpg
Unfortunately, there was a problem with the paint from PPG and the entire paint job had to be removed and repainted. Yes, they paid for the paint ONLY!:lol::suicide:

Wow!Very nice work!!Now I don't feel quite as crazy as I did!
You keep me inspired!:friends:Love IS blue!

After seeing all the pictures and thinking about how GOOD Mr. Blue's Vette looks, I have GOT to say that the pictures don't even come close to seeing it in person..

After seeing all the pictures and thinking about how GOOD Mr. Blue's Vette looks, I have GOT to say that the pictures don't even come close to seeing it in person..

I wuz going to say the same thing, you GOTTA see it in person....Glen is nutz....flat plainly toooooooooo much toooooo much WORK.......

no wonder his ass is all broken up.....:crap:, but there were all sorts of guys and gals driving by and wanting pix next to it....one gal got out of the car and had her guy snap a pix of her next to it even.....

:smash::twitch: