Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Paint, Body and Interior

Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Wayne, that's the way my car used to look, before I put on that damn cheep internet green paint, wish I had left it in that same primer gray you got there, honestly even as a color/finish it's better looking.....

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Finland | n00b

My Photos: (0)

Looking forward to see finished project. Have you decided on the color/stripes yet?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Australia | Clueless In Sandland

My Photos: (334)

Buddy The Wonder Dog's not asleep Kev, he's just playing possum to lure passersby into a false sense of security!

The BOSS will look like this for a while now Gene. I'm not going to put the colour on for a few months at least. Starting next week, I'm going to start on the interior - rip everything out then install new carpet, new dash, new dash harness, white guage overlays, new seat belts, 10" C3 steering wheel, new door trims, new arm rests (cup holders ) etc etc. I'll get that all finished before I think about colour which will allow plenty of time for the primer to sink in the repairs etc. Also no big deal if I scratch it while doing the interior.

As for the colour, I wanted to go with flat black but boss lady called me a dickhead for wanting to "ruin" it like that after all the work I've put in

I've got a dark red interior so a bit limited as to what colours I can go with. I'm probably going to go with a dark charcoal metallic with some bastardization of Motion stripes
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Wayne Of Arabia,

Sand Happy

----->[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]<-----
Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 PM

We'll be moving to a new compound in the next few weeks so I need to make the BOSS ready for a "ferry run". I haven't started the interior yet (because of the move) so just been putting it back together enough to drive it. I put the side grilles in because I wanted to

Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 AM
United States | n00b

My Photos: (0)

looking good!
say, do you have any other pics on how you build your custom spray booth!?
i'll be painting my 68 in the next few weeks after i give it a fine sanding and blow out all the dust out of the garage. i then plan on doing the same as you with the plastic.
thanks
joe

68 COUPE 454
HAS MOTION HOOD SCOOP, REVERSED GILLS
ZL-1 FENDER FLARES AND
MOTION REAR SPOILER,
BUCKET HEADLIGHTS.
CAN-AM FRONT
RACING SPOILER. CHROME HOOKER HEADERS AND SIDE PIPES!
LOOKS FAST STANDING STILL !!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vet427 View Post
looking good!
say, do you have any other pics on how you build your custom spray booth!?
i'll be painting my 68 in the next few weeks after i give it a fine sanding and blow out all the dust out of the garage. i then plan on doing the same as you with the plastic.
thanks
joe
I don't really have any other pics that show anything helpful Joe. A few days before I primed the BOSS, I got the maintenance guys on the compound to screw strips of timber to the front and rear face of my car port then I got some cheapo plastic and stapled it to the wood strips. Where they weren't able to attach wood along the sides of the car port (because the houses were in the way) I used duct tape to hold the plastic to the car port. I anchored the bottom of the plastic with a cunning blend of bricks, a car battery, a starter motor and an old Edelbrock manifold! I also cut some holes in the plastic to allow the air to move around a bit and so that when a breeze kicked up, it didn't blow the plastic around like a sail. Dunno if that's much help to you...