33 Ford

The motor was last run a few years ago...apparently it was rebuilt 10 years ago or so. Who knows but it has compression and turns over smoothly...$850 delivered. The guy thought is had a mercury 4" crank but I will have to verify it. I need to move the 289 so I can get the flattie on the stand to work on it. It came with the offy 3x2 you see in the pictures. I will probably run that but the carbs will be pricey and maybe some aluminum heads. I don't really care how fast it is.
P1010013-1.jpg

The rear is 1939 with 40 something drums...I will run a 1939 spring ground to fit the 33 x-member. I need to take the frame to the blaster soon.
P1010014.jpg

Up front will be 33 split bones with chassis engineering dropped axle and lincoln self energizing brakes. Wheels are 1940 with firestone bias ply black walls. Here I had it sitting on the frame so I could get the steering box mocked up....1948 ford F1 truck box with 1937 ford column and wheel...that is a side steer setup. I had to have a machine shop shorten the steering shaft and put the taper, keyway and threads to mount the wheel. I just put the radiator and grill on to see it.
02-26-10_1617.jpg
The interior will be a stock 33 seat leaned back some and no riser. The dash will be stock with vintage SW gauges. I will mount the spedo, tach, oil, and water in the dash insert and the amps and fuel in the center of the dash. P1010017.jpg
It takes along time to find all the right parts, especially when you use old or original parts and try not to spend a fortune.

So ya got a 33 grille with it as well. Last I checked that alone was 5k. Nice.

I paid $800 for this one. It would need replating for a bling bling type car, but not for me.

Between my two kids and work I found I could not get the coupe done at a pace I was happy with so I traded the body, frame, hood, grill and flattie for this chopped Merc. It will be nice to have a car everyone will fit in. One of the reasons I never drove my corvette is no room for the wife and kids. I should have known better than getting a full project car that barely holds two.

DSC_0460-1.jpg

The motor was last run a few years ago...apparently it was rebuilt 10 years ago or so. Who knows but it has compression and turns over smoothly...$850 delivered. The guy thought is had a mercury 4" crank but I will have to verify it. I need to move the 289 so I can get the flattie on the stand to work on it. It came with the offy 3x2 you see in the pictures. I will probably run that but the carbs will be pricey and maybe some aluminum heads. I don't really care how fast it is.
P1010013-1.jpg

The rear is 1939 with 40 something drums...I will run a 1939 spring ground to fit the 33 x-member. I need to take the frame to the blaster soon.
P1010014.jpg

Up front will be 33 split bones with chassis engineering dropped axle and lincoln self energizing brakes. Wheels are 1940 with firestone bias ply black walls. Here I had it sitting on the frame so I could get the steering box mocked up....1948 ford F1 truck box with 1937 ford column and wheel...that is a side steer setup. I had to have a machine shop shorten the steering shaft and put the taper, keyway and threads to mount the wheel. I just put the radiator and grill on to see it.
02-26-10_1617.jpg
The interior will be a stock 33 seat leaned back some and no riser. The dash will be stock with vintage SW gauges. I will mount the spedo, tach, oil, and water in the dash insert and the amps and fuel in the center of the dash. P1010017.jpg
It takes along time to find all the right parts, especially when you use old or original parts and try not to spend a fortune.

Man those gages reminds me of the one's we used to have in our trucks, I had the same RPM in a Kenworth in 1973

Between my two kids and work I found I could not get the coupe done at a pace I was happy with so I traded the body, frame, hood, grill and flattie for this chopped Merc. It will be nice to have a car everyone will fit in. One of the reasons I never drove my corvette is no room for the wife and kids. I should have known better than getting a full project car that barely holds two.

DSC_0460-1.jpg

I think you did good:thumbs:

DSC_0460-1.jpg

I think you did good:thumbs:

Thanks, it came from Charlotte, but was originally done in CA. Here are a few more...It has a just rebuilt flattie bored 30 over with a mild cam mated to a T5.

DSC_0482-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
DSC_0066.jpg

7e54_1_JPG-vi.jpg

Now that is sweeeet..... :1st::1st:

It's really nice to have a toy with room for more than just two....

Well and true, I never understood anyone that tries to hotrod a 4 dr anything though....my kid haulers were Grandville then Lemans/GTO convertibles...kids can jump in/out the back easy.....hell, even I could in them daze....:hissyfit:

Like Chrysler with their new stationwagon looking things there now....why a 4 door?? it LOOKS grand, just remove those extra 2 doors, and sell twice as many....Nomad style.....

:shocking::beer:

Like Chrysler with their new stationwagon looking things there now....why a 4 door?? it LOOKS grand, just remove those extra 2 doors, and sell twice as many....Nomad style.....

That M300 or Magnum ??? Great cars and reasonably priced... a V8 is fun, and it fits five comfortably and you can still load a ton of crap in that huge trunk.... used to drive a M300 (V8) for a week (rental car)... fun and fast.... :D

That is a sweet ride. You did good. It's always more fun to be able to take the kids along!

agree.... I guess owning two Corvettes I know about the limitations of a two seater :lol:

one of the reasons I bought that '93 Mustang.... :lol:

Oh maaann, that 33's gone? I dream about that thing....

yeah I know....maybe some day I will pick up a 32....in the mean time his merc is bad.

Glad your happy. Good luck with "picking up" a '32, I'f your talking about coupes. The majority of those super desirable years is long gone, I thought you got pretty darned lucky aquiring that '33. With a frame. And a title.

Oh maaann, that 33's gone? I dream about that thing....

yeah I know....maybe some day I will pick up a 32....in the mean time his merc is bad.

Glad your happy. Good luck with "picking up" a '32, I'f your talking about coupes. The majority of those super desirable years is long gone, I thought you got pretty darned lucky aquiring that '33. With a frame. And a title.

There are plenty around and more and more will become available as old hot rodders die off.

Now that is sweeeet..... :1st::1st:

It's really nice to have a toy with room for more than just two....

Well and true, I never understood anyone that tries to hotrod a 4 dr anything though....my kid haulers were Grandville then Lemans/GTO convertibles...kids can jump in/out the back easy.....hell, even I could in them daze....:hissyfit:

:shocking::beer:

Like this?

IMG_1957Large.jpg