66 Highly Customized Mako Shrk

:shocking:Seems to me the first time you brake on chrome your not going to stop all that well?:shocking:

Ralphy

designed by a NASCAR engineer.... did he know he was designing for this car? :idea: aluminum is a difficult medium, especially in suspension components - from where I sit, I wonder if the front control arms have enough strength to hold up your planned motor... I don't remember that car, but I remember a front suspension design like that and the discussion was about whether the lever had enough strength - should be a pretty easy calculation for an engineer

Neat car, not my cup o'tea - but I'm totally with you on "I don't like them stock" :clap:

Are the body mounting locations still stock? If so, could you just pull the body and put it on a different frame (rolling chassis) ??
Just my opinion: what you've got there does not look like it's made for heavy street use...

I'm thinking once the chrome comes off it will come off in chunks and ruin the pads. Not really sure what will happen.
This car was built just for show. It is not even street legal.
Meaning no turn signals, wipers no place for license plates. The only rules on showing a car in the ISCA showed is the car had to be able to drive down the road for 5 miles. Most of the cars that show are never even started.
Somebody tried to make this street legal and made a meds out of it.

designed by a NASCAR engineer.... did he know he was designing for this car? :idea: aluminum is a difficult medium, especially in suspension components - from where I sit, I wonder if the front control arms have enough strength to hold up your planned motor... I don't remember that car, but I remember a front suspension design like that and the discussion was about whether the lever had enough strength - should be a pretty easy calculation for an engineer

Neat car, not my cup o'tea - but I'm totally with you on "I don't like them stock" :clap:

He designed it and installed it. I asked the same question about the strength the builder told me it should be more then stronge enough. The new corvettes use aluminum control arms and they look smaller then these.
The only way to find out is put it together and drive it.
I have the ability and the shop to replace it if the need arises .

...The new corvettes use aluminum control arms and they look smaller then these.
I have the ability and the shop to replace it if the need arises ...

Me Thinks: That also could mean "the ability and the shop to Replicate it, as it proves worthy!

Could be a very worthy addition to suspension options.

Cheers - Jim

He designed it and installed it. I asked the same question about the strength the builder told me it should be more then stronge enough. The new corvettes use aluminum control arms and they look smaller then these.
I have the ability and the shop to replace it if the need arises .

cool - most aluminum bits on performance cars are forged - but billet can be pretty strong

"should be" worries me more than anything else :)

Like I said I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm going to pull both the front and rear suspension so I can take them apart and clean them. Replace whatever needs replacing.
Get the bottom painted and put them back in.

Like I said I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm going to pull both the front and rear suspension so I can take them apart and clean them. Replace whatever needs replacing.

Bring that car over here, in my burb, we can have some fun running over various speed bumps and 'rumble strips' at various speeds, town is full of them....we can turn it around the burb streets in some very tight turns with no sweat, then we can hit the freeway over the bridge, and see how the suspension rides.....each step in turn at various speeds, until we see if the components break......IF so, it's back to the drawing board....since I don't have one, you can bum my computer......:nuts::huh:

Bring that car over here, in my burb, we can have some fun running over various speed bumps and 'rumble strips' at various speeds, town is full of them....we can turn it around the burb streets in some very tight turns with no sweat, then we can hit the freeway over the bridge, and see how the suspension rides.....each step in turn at various speeds, until we see if the components break......IF so, it's back to the drawing board....since I don't have one, you can bum my computer......:nuts::huh:

Don't worry the roads here are not any better. I don't think anything going to break.

I haven't been to this forum for a while........... a lot of various projects going on ! Glad I made it back to find you here too ! Keep the updates and pix coming........ this is one of my favorite customs !!!thum_14852c5abc470cb6.jpg

Now that the holidays are past ill have more time to work on it. Been doing all of parts research and I think I have everything worked out.
I'm working with Scissor Doors right now designing a new system to open the doors. Once that's done I'm going to pull the front and rear suspension and get under the hood and the bottom repainted. Then get all the suspension parts cleaned and replated. Get the suspension motor and trans in. Get it rewired the new dash in and hopefully drive it in the spring.

First part ordered. The dash from Dashworks. Needed that first to get measurements for the brake pedal and master cylinders.

Here's a couple pics of the dash.

Attachments

• imag001.jpg
    imag001.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 33
  • imag002.jpg
    imag002.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 23
  • imag004.jpg
    imag004.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34
I also ordered a Wilwood brake pedal and dual mini master cylinders.
Plus I got all the fiberglass work done on the firewall.
I got the old pedals removed for the brake and gas.
Started scraping and cleaning the floor and firewall so I can get them painted.

looks cool but how do you know it will fit? are they a custom fit or are they a generic size and you cut them to make them fit?

Its custom fit. The water fall needs to be trimmed down. But basically it fits.