A-arm bushing

fafaaahh fafafa ffafafafaaahh et lalalalaaa papalalapapafafafamamamamama :D

my French doesn't reach further than "La biere est dans le frigidaire"

Not bad TT, it's close to what we do here but when we work in the garage, I put the beer just outside the side door... in the snow.
And we make sure it doesnt have time to freeze lol.:mobeer::mobeer::mobeer:

I'll have to move a fridge from the house in the garage for the summer tho.

So what's the diameter of the shaft supposed to be? Anybody has one to measure ??

Is only the Poly bushing loose on the shaft? Do you still have the old stock one to compare ?

Can somebody translate the above to understandable French ? Trying to find out if the shaft is worn or the new poly bushings are too large....

the online translator says:
Alors, quel est le diamètre de l'arbre censé être? Tout le monde a un pour mesurer?
Est-ce seulement la Poly douille lâche sur l'arbre? Avez-vous encore l'ancien stock de comparer?

Essayer de savoir si l'arbre est usé ou les douilles de nouveaux poly sont trop gros ....

I think Vince got it prety closely.

By the way, you guys should see Vince project.
Been following his project for a while.

Pretty impressive work done on his 82.

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words Michel :beer:

now, here is an update from Punch :

he measured both control arm shafts. uppers are 17mm (0.67in.) and lower are 18.7mm (0.736in.)

he bought some Energy suspension bushings to check them against stock & prothane.

here is a picture showing the differences (left=stock, center=energy suspension, right=prothane):
dsc02911.jpg

prothane's outer sleeve is painted and inner sleeve doesn't have any teeth ont the ends.
energy suspension is fully plated and inner sleeve has the same teeth as stock.
prothane's polyurethane seems harder than ENS.
all inner sleeves seems to have the same amount of play on the shafts.

Punch used Energy suspension bushing so the inner sleeve cannot turn on the shaft.
after torquing the bolts, he can't feel any play in the shafts.

case closed :)

dsc02914.jpg

fafaaahh fafafa ffafafafaaahh et lalalalaaa papalalapapafafafamamamamama :D

my French doesn't reach further than "La biere est dans le frigidaire"

Not bad TT, it's close to what we do here but when we work in the garage, I put the beer just outside the side door... in the snow.
And we make sure it doesnt have time to freeze lol.:mobeer::mobeer::mobeer:

I'll have to move a fridge from the house in the garage for the summer tho.

Funny you mention that, as just last night over at neighbor's house in his back yard he has a small bar size fridge, out on his back deck, and so about 6 of us out there drinking beer and BS'ing......so the sun is setting and I look at that small BLACK fridge where the beer is, put my hand on the front door, and it's HOT enough to pull my hand off Quickly......looks like I need fire up the Binks and we going to shoot that puppy white.....

what in hell kind of freeking genius came up with BLACK for a fridge color anyway.....been out there for years, and no one ever thought of it....even I hadn't , except with the second coat of white paint on my house roof over the last few days....

:ill::banghead: