After a long layoff.....................

Sadistic

Der Bismarck
I am working on the '68 vette again. I have not been here in a while and the vette has been sitting in the garage, gathering dust. However, I started putting things back in running order about a month ago and hope to keep going on it. As much as I enjoy the Vipers, I still love the sound of the BB solid roller cam engine in the vette.

Since I have been out of the loop for a while, I need to freshen up on the information. I want to put a direct port injection NOS kit in it, since the Weiand Team G has the bosses for it. Anybody know a good kit and/or where to get one?

I need to look into getting some carbon fiber seats that will fit in the small area of a C3. I also need to figure out how I am going to fasten the fixed headlight covers. Is the piano hinge still the way to go? I wish I could mount the cover to the housing instead so I would not have to put holes in the fiberglass.

Any advice would be appreciated. By the way, how is Twin Turbo doing?

As a reminder, this is the car.

295_zps15287613.jpg

Last edited:
my gosh that car is obscene! and i thought mine was understated but yours is great. there are several companies doing port N.O.S systems try Rob Reynolds he is in w melbourne works out of his home garage,557-6150 i think send me a p.m if thats wrong. he can point you the right way.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I will contact him when I have time. I pulled it out of the garage yesterday and took some more pics.

IMG_20140513_200346_038_zps5b9a1544.jpg.html

IMG_20140513_195204_766_zpsbcec9826.jpg

IMG_20140513_200046_744_zpsf6cfc621.jpg

I cannot lower the rear end any more than I have. It already has the long bolts and they are all the way down. The sidepipes are currently just lying there and not bolted on so once I drill new holes and bolt them up, they will be fine.

I cannot lower the rear end any more than I have. It already has the long bolts and they are all the way down. The sidepipes are currently just lying there and not bolted on so once I drill new holes and bolt them up, they will be fine.

I have a VBP 360 rear spring, and their bolts about a inch off full extension....

but to get all this lowering tricks in/out of a typical driveway....humm

HELL, my neighbor drives a Murano....and even HE had to fill in the driveway ditch.....PIA......

:surrender:

The composite spring on my vette is a 426 so it's quite stiff. Besides, I don't want the fender to get cracked from the tire hitting it when the suspension compresses.