Anybody with a 77 & up with sport mirrors have an AIM???

BlackRat

If you have an AIM would you post the pages that show how to install the sport mirrors in the door? I don't know how to get to the back side to scrw the nuts on. The studs don't don't look long enough to go through the door and through the metal frame.

Thanks
Wade

There's a set of notches in the upper door metal where the nuts go, you can barely get the nuts started under them, the screws only go through the outer panel and are a bitch to get on with the glass installed but it can be done you have to remove the window sweeps and undo the guide bumpers (those soft felt covered things) and use a wedge or something to push the glass all the way back, then with some fiddling and an offfset box end you can get the nuts on. Prepare for lotsa swearing

If you take the bottom rear window track bolt out, you can push the window to the back of the door and actually use a nut driver to get the nuts on the mirror studs. Art

Early on with this '72, I removed the chrome junk and put on the later shark mirrors....a ten buck steal from Carlisle....

but I moved the install further forward on the doors, far as I could....I removed the studs from the castings, and used socket head 1/4-20 bolts with backing washer....AS I RECALL, the forward bolts are right up against the outer skin, maybe some steel too....the rear is longer and through some steel plate....

I had to drill a access hole up forward for the bolt.....otherwise it would not miss the glass....

:smash: