Anybody with an 84 – 89 up in Canada?

Corvettes White

Question: The Atari dash part number for Canadian units is different that the one for US units. And at one time, many an empty glass of Scotch left upon the bar, I knew the difference.

I placed two brand new 1989 units next to each other; the US part number and the Canadian part number, and could not tell the difference from the reflections in the glass.

Does anyone know for certain the differences?
Are the symbols for gas, oil, etc different?
Is it something to do miles v kilometers?
Does it speak French?
DLR operation? I know it is always night time up there.

Asking because the Canadian unit is for sell, it was for the 1989 ZR-1 delayed year and reads to 8000 rpm, not 6000. For all I know it is the only one in the world - not that anyone needs it.

Thanks in advance, George

Interesting question. My Chevy truck was built for Canadian export and on my speedo, the large numbers are kilometers with the smaller numbers being m.p.h. The temp gauge reads celsius and the oil pressure is in kilopascals(kPa).

The Corvette has an English-to-Metric switch on the DIC so it seemed to me there was no need for separate part numbers. But I was wrong. :confused2:

I did some digging and found this...

1989cluster.jpg

There is a separate TACHOMETER,LCD part number on clusters #2 and #6 which are for a (5.7J).

L83/350-8
L98/5.7-8
LT1/5.7G
LT4/5.7-5
LT5/5.7J

On '84-'88 that tach/lcd part number is not listed. This was probably the 8000 rpm difference that was offered on the '89 ZR1. Hope any of this helps?

Dave