battery hold-down for '69

lsejlowe

what are you guys using to secure your batteries for autocross events? Is there a cheap generic hold down bracket that will work in an early C3?

I made my own: my first design was a 1" wide X 1/16" thick aluminum strip that wraps all the way around the battery. That's not really necessary and a PITA to install. Since then I made a small clamp similar to the stock part, I can post a few pics tonight.

that'd be awesome. I'll take a look at it tonight to figure out some other options as well. Probably swing by Autozone on the way home and see what's on the shelf.

forget about the shelf at the zone..... sorry but of course I did not take any pics while it was daylight, instead I cleaned parts and f'd around with other stuff in the garage.... :lol::lol:... I hate when this happens....

The piece that I made is basically just a simple angle with a hole in it so it can be bolted down using the stock hole in the floor.

Hopefully I remember to take the pics tomorrow....

so it's just a larger version of the stock type clamp/bracket? I ended up just flipping the original clamp over and it got a little closer, but still didn't quite grab onto the foot of the battery. I think I'll just have to dig up some angle iron somewhere and fab one up.

yup, pretty much just a "better" version of the stock bracket. I pushed the battery all the way towards the front and then drilled the hole in the bracket where it needs to be...