Bird Run 4

So far:

Ca Legal Vette (I think)

ready)

I'm still trying to figure out how to do the run and get back here for Monday morning jury duty.

You could take off to your brothers Sat afternoon. Can you make it home from there Sunday??

That's what I've been thinking. I still have to make it down on Friday afternoon/evening so that I can be ready to go Saturday morning. Depending on traffic it's about 7 hours each way from San Clemente.

So far:

Ca Legal Vette (I think)

ready)

I'm still trying to figure out how to do the run and get back here for Monday morning jury duty.

You could take off to your brothers Sat afternoon. Can you make it home from there Sunday??

That's what I've been thinking. I still have to make it down on Friday afternoon/evening so that I can be ready to go Saturday morning. Depending on traffic it's about 7 hours each way from San Clemente.

Darrow is the first stop in San Clemente. Hook up with him, and start there.

Sat night, if you need reservations, Holiday Inn Express in La Meas, Ca. 9550 Murray Drive. 1-619-466-0200.

Last edited:
We got in to flagstaff aafter midnight. Stuck on the hi way for 2 hours , 11 miles from our room. A semi rolled in front of us blocking both lanes. That sucked.

Is anybody leaving the Orange County area to meet everybody in San Diego on Sunday?

The way this week has been going it looks like I may only be doing a one-day run.

And to top it off on the way home last night I lost all electrical on my 2003 Honda Accord :crutches:

Last edited:
I'm most likely out. Me mum is driving my sister back to Wisconsin from Saturday and I have to be around to keep an eye on my elderly pa. I might be able to intercept you guys somewhere on Sunday, but that's the max. I was looking forward to this but, the Gods have conspired against me.

Looks like I'm out too. I haven't even finished work for the day and I already should be a quarter of the way to LA.

Sorry Kevin.

Looks like I'm out too. I haven't even finished work for the day and I already should be a quarter of the way to LA.

Sorry Kevin.

Sorry to hear that. Did you get your issues solved after Hot August Nights?

Sorry Kevin.

Sorry to hear that. Did you get your issues solved after Hot August Nights?

Mostly sorted out. I drove home in hundred degree temps and had a few more incidents of sputtering, but I kept my foot out of it and it seemed to recover. I'm thinking that I have a heat transfer issue from the side pipe muffler as it seems to take over an hour of driving before it becomes an issue.

Now that I have some time, I'll have a look underneath to see if there is anything obvious.

You guys have fun !

Well Scotty made it to Temecula before his A/C-Pow steer belt came off on the freeway. He limped home from there.
4 of us made La Mesa as a group just fine.
Kwplots new 600+ hp monster is a demon on wheels, and gets pretty fair milage to boot.
Tomarrow, around San Diego, and up the coast highway home where it will be a tad cooler.

Kwplot had a tad of trouble. His alternator stud loosened up, and scorched pretty good. We did a temp fix, but he will need some bench work to fix it. The insulator was burnt, and the stud is turning inside.
Scotty has always had belt issues with that beast, and may go to a serp system to finally solve it.
The disco buggy develpoed an exhaust leak on the pass side, and I suspect that stupid 81 vacuum operated heat riser again. I'll look tomarrow.
No major issues though, and a great run.
We got home at 3:30PM, and I immediately napped 4 hrs. I'm pooped, or aphyxiated.:eek:
Thanks to all who came, and we will do it again soon.

Looks like one of the stud nuts on the pass side rams horn fell off. Should be an easy fix.
The pow steer control valve is leaking more now.:rain: I'll install the BRAND NEW unit Tracdog sent me that Lonestar manufactures. I'll see how that goes.