Breaking news,, Lost #1 found,, interesting find?

I used to frequent the Briggs Cunningham museum often when I was young. I knew one mechanic, and the curator, Dick Burgess. I even had the pleasure of meeting Phil Hill there one night.
Quite the cast of characters.:wink:

I am well acquainted with the Number 3 Corvette. I stood next to it at Carlisle several years back and found myself answering numerous technical questions about it because modern Corvette enthusiasts are incredibly ignorant of the past. They might know things about a C4, C5, or C6, but they don't know shit about anything produced in the '50s, 60s, or 70s. In fairness, I run across the same ignorance with MoPar owners. Just last night I spoke with the owner of a modern Challenger who lives in our apartment building. When I mentioned my T/A, he gave me a totally blank look.

On 07/31/12, GENE<[email protected]> wrote:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/201...261_22773677_10150935573062261#f27dbce16660ac

The above is from an old friend who's dentist was none other than Dr. Dick Thompson of vette racing fame.....he went to Sebring years ago as a hanger on kid with Thompson, and found out a LOT, and so I sent him a email over this thread, and that was his response.....we both age 68 now, :devil: