Dana 60 IRS Super Built

V-Rod

Hi all I am new to the site. I would like to introduce myself my name is Tom Stewmon I live in Arkansas near Memphis & have a 78 Vette. I usually am on another vette forum but I have a vary rare item for sale and wanted to get it out as may places as I could it is a DANA 60 IRS that was built in the 70's and completely reworked a few years back it never got installed. This rear end 1000hp will not phase it. if you need something big & bad this is it. This is a post by the former owner. the rear end is just as it was in these pictures.

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462

NO one out there with too much motor and not enough ass. I think this bad boy can hold it's own 4.33 spool priced to sell at $5500 Own a piece of history from a time when men were men and women .... wore Bee Hive Hair Doo's . Heck Shirley Cha Cha Muldowney could have ran this rear end!

Last time it sold it was $4k right?

Now it is close to a Tom's kit in price.

There just isn't a big window for c2-c3 Drag diff's, especially with a spool. Most are not going to build cars to the level requiring a spool, DANA 60, or 433's

No for the record I paid 5k and that would be what I would take for it. There is a thin market out there for a piece like this. But it is not gonna spoil and someday the right car will be thankful to have it.

yes , there's a very thin market ... maybe somebody who runs 700+ HP and a 9" Ford wants to go back to IRS...