Difference in C3 Fenders....

Luster

Compulsively Anal
I was talking to an "old Vette guy" this weekend, who told me there was a definite difference in the early C3 fenders and the older ones.

I'm not sure what year the change was made (69-70 maybe?), but he said the flared fenders were larger after that year.

Is that right? I never noticed a difference. I've looked at lots of Vettes and lots of pics and I can't see anything...... :huh::huh::huh:

1968 has four seperate vents and no mudflap. I think 1969 is the same. 1970 had the big eggcrate vents and I think that's when the mudflaps started... 1972 has mudflaps:

2149871212bc53a.jpg

Previous owners extended my fenders out a LOT as a showcar, but later on removed them back to the later shark profile....right about what a 80-82 would be....maybe early as 78.....it was many years before I ever noticed that....had a '72 here for some work, cars parked back to back, before I noticed it.....

so to compare, I started looking at later sharks, like old friend/neighbor used to own....sure enough....

:bonkers::D

1968 has four seperate vents and no mudflap. I think 1969 is the same. 1970 had the big eggcrate vents and I think that's when the mudflaps started... 1972 has mudflaps:

Yeah, I think the lower part of the fender flare is what this guy meant. (mudflaps) I guess I was always too busy looking at that big block under the hood to notice the lower fenders!!! :bounce: