Don’t see these much anymore

1954 Chevrolet Corvette · Convertible · Driven 23,000 miles

Only 23,000 miles 1954 Corvette once owned by Jerry Lee Lewis it was repossessed by the IRS in 1980 
To pay back Tax owed to the IRS been in storage since 1980 have all documents to go with it I have no set price looking for offers

Carleton, MI

FB marketplace

1954 Chevrolet Corvette · Convertible · Driven 23,000 miles

Only 23,000 miles 1954 Corvette once owned by Jerry Lee Lewis it was repossessed by the IRS in 1980 
To pay back Tax owed to the IRS been in storage since 1980 have all documents to go with it I have no set price looking for offers

Carleton, MI

FB marketplace
if there was ever a car to go to an auction, it'd be that one.

Reactions: rtj
If anyone is looking for a project….

C3 vert, Middletown OH. FB marketplace.

"Old race car no engine or trans. Comes with new headers and used side pipes.clean title"

I would be interested at half that price.

I didn't realize these were that expensive:

"This is the upper windshield header molding for a 1968 Corvette, it is the 1st design. It is an original GM part and has been professionally polished. It has some ripples in it as they all do after being removed from the car. A nice example of a hard to find part. Shipping available at buyer expense."

If anyone is looking for a project….

C3 vert, Middletown OH. FB marketplace.

"Old race car no engine or trans. Comes with new headers and used side pipes.clean title"

I would be interested at half that price.
Middletown is close. Couldn't find a C3 Vert Race Car but did find this in Middletown $19K:

1690806580263.png

Also, The early 68 Upper Moldings are really rare. I think the only difference is there are no mounting holes. I had mine polished and its wavy also but it comes from the heat involved in polishing it.

Yeah, that's the car. $19$ seems a bit rich for me. It is not a famous car or driver. But, what do I know.

On FB they say race car. At least I thought it did. The rear fenders are heavily clearanced and the dash is mostly aluminum. Front windshield is 1/2 height with braces. :)

68's, lots of 1 of a kind parts.

Yeah, $19K is too much. However is saw a VIN tag for a mid year sell for $6K about 10 years ago on CL.

Yeah, I should have bought a mid year back in the 90's.

But, during COVID lockdown there were some bargains, unfortunately I was being overly cautious on spending.

The ad is still up, he says it was raced. My guess is he'll drop the price.

This is for sale on marketplace. Kind of neat, nice work from the photos I checked out. Been up for a long time.

"My Corvette Kart for sale. If you know what it is and supposed to be, then you know. Those that don't, please do some research on what it is.

Unfortunately my Kart has been sitting in the corner of my shop for quite a while and its time to see if someone else wants to "take it across the finish line". I dont have a build here as I'm new to FB, but documented it over on the Grassroots Motorsports forum.
Please take a few minutes to read and look at the pictures of the progress from beginning to today.

Here's a link to the build thread:

My Kart started out as 2 cars, a crashed 1990 Z51 6-speed and a stripped 1993 Anniversary Edition. Several weeks of work, lots of tubing, aluminum sheeting, MIG wire, grinding discs and a dumpster full of fiberglass got me to this point.

The way I figured it was that I bought the straight bare chassis for $500 and the crashed donor car for $2500. I used the ZF transmission, rear carrier, differential, headers, suspension pieces, subframe, wheels and brakes from the donor. The wheels were $600, QA-1's $1100, fuel cell $300, roll cage tubing $1000, interior tubing $350, interior aluminum $350, oil cooler $50, new front subframe $300, front spindle $100.

No labor or fabrication costs were figured into any of this.

After the demo of the '93 Anniversary chassis, I probably have 4-6 weeks of fabrication in the roll cage, interior aluminum, coil-over fitment, exhaust and bumpers.

It was fun to get it to the point where it is right now and it needs the following items to finish:
- small block Chevy engine(mild to wild it's your choice). Any SBC should bolt-up to the ZF.
- plumbing, wiring, gauges
- steering column built(I have a rack but the steering shaft and supports will need to be done after the engine and seat are installed).
- radiator and mounts(depends on where you want to place it, front or rear).
- seat of your choice, seatbelts, pedals.

Feel free to ask any and all question and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

*** Will sell without the seat and gauges for $6500 or $6000 without the big front brake rotors/calipers."

Yeah, nice craftsmanship from what I saw. Add 540 bb and go. :)

Yeah, $19K is too much. However is saw a VIN tag for a mid year sell for $6K about 10 years ago on CL.
Someone bought it and cleaned it up. Took better photos and it is up again for $25000. :)

Same city as before.

I'm seeing a bit of a RETRO Hot Wheels possibilities envisioned there, or perhaps some Big-Daddy Roth inspiration?
But the tires are all wrong.
Maybe just my wasted youth with CarToons:

1698014971891.jpeg
Cheers - Jim

Reactions: rtj
1963 Chevrolet corvette Convertible 2D
Middletown Oh.

Back to the '63 "Hand-Built" The tag line in the CL advert:
Would make good yard art
Looks like it was for a long period of time.

$1800 FB marketplace Geneva Oh.

"Big Block Chevy aluminum pair of heads. Prepped and stamped at Jenkins performance
(Grumpy Jenkins)
I am only a few hours from his former location
Castings 3946074 ZL1-L88 heads dated 1971 service heads
Great for a nostalgia car gasser or high perf Big Block Chevy
Will need seats on one head and some tlc. Good usable heads with cool history
Will ship actual cost in good packaging"

$1800

Seville Ohio, no title unfortunately. FM marketplace.

1968 Corvette with Fiberglass after-market body.

Chevrolet 383 w/Richmond 4-speed

If you've been looking for a turn-key Auto-Cross race car that is set-up with LOTS of extras, this is it! This has been a long-term toy of a successful gentleman, no expense spared on this car & it's upgrades. Includes extra tires & wheels, extra engine & extra rear Axel.

Motor has less than 100 hours

Includes:
• 2 sets of CCW Custom wheel w/tires (slicks)
• 1 set of Torque thrust wheels w/ tires
•Rearend 3:70 gear ratio.
•15 Gal ATL Fuel cell
•10 lb bottle suppression system
•New Yellow top Optima Battery
•New Radiator
•Simpson 5 point harness belts
•Moroso accumalator
•OMP removable steering wheel
•MSD Ignition box
•Wilwood disc brakes all around
•Hedman shorty headers
•Fresh paint in 2019
•No Title

All receipts of work done go w/car. Expert mechanic who did recent work available to answer your questions.

Walk-around video available upon request
Shipping coordination available

$26,500

I'm including this here since it seems reasonable price wise. Kind of uncommon lately. plus, someone here might be interested.

$31K

2001 chevrolet corvette z06
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 43000
paint color: yellow
title status: clean
transmission: manual
Selling my dream track car that "I would never sell"... I only made it to one track day at Nelson Ledges this year, which is why I'm considering selling, we have developed a few race cars and are racing AER/Champ frequently... As well as my new favorite toy is a Radical sr3. So this has pretty much sat in my heated garage unused recently.
This is the car for you if you want to drive to a track day, have a good time, and drive home. Hangs with newer stock c8s and 911s. Have videos over the last few years from PittRace, Nelson, mid-O, etc.

This is going to be a long list:
406ci built by JRE up toward Boston... Which is where I bought it from. It had 4k miles on the engine and trans when I bought it in 2020. I've put another 8k on it. 43k miles total on original odometer, no salvage history or anything of the sort.
Tick level 2 trans.
Centerforce clutch with remote bleed
Callies Crank and Rods
Diamond Pistons
Comp Cam ZR1 lifters (tall)
Bushing rocker arms
CNC ported heads
Titanium valves,
Dewitts Radiator
Gspeesd thermostatic oil cooler
Wildwood aero 6 front with newer rotors, only two track days on them, hawk dtc70 pads
Aero 4 rear with newer rotors and dtc60 pads
Johnny O'connell suspension/swabar setup
Lingenfelter injectors/pump
Stock wheels with 275 nt01 fronts and 315 bfg rival s rear... Each with a couple of track night in America on them.
Second wheel set is square rears with 315 Hoosier r7s. 2 heat cycles on front, 4 on rears.... Lots of life left
Alignment is on the aggressive side of street / conservative side of track... Like I said, I drove it 1-2hrs each way to track days, so had to find a happy medium.

Built and tuned by JRE at a conservative 550hp. Reliability was priority #1.

Lingenfelter long snout intake, ducted cooling, msd insulated wires, so many little things.
Auto-blip rev matching that works perfectly.
Next hub/adapter with OMP quick release wheel, driver airbag light disabled
Corbeau a4 seats on sliders, recline, with quick click in harness and brey Krause harness bar... So you can sit back and relaxed with OEM seat belt to the track... Then slide up and in the seats, put in harnesses, enable auto blip, and good to go.

Heat shielding under the trans tunnel.
APR wing with aluminum sandwich plate underneath so you don't have 4small bolts trying to rip through the fiberglass hatch.
dIY aluminum front splitter and under tray
Have splitter extensions I had made but never installed.
Smoked tail and side light covers
Hinson short shift kit with anti-venom mod shims
Evans waterless racing coolant
Spectro golden oil
Synchromesh in trans and diff
Dot4 brake fluid
I have a bunch of bottles/cases of fluids, I have extra pads and rotors, as well as bunch of OEM parts.
(Sold stock seats and stock brakes, so those are gone)
A/c, heat, radio all still work perfectly.
Only things I've had to do is the ABS module rebuilt in 2022, replaced a sticking thermostat in 2023, and basic maintenance.

Only con is the headlights no longer flip up. Common issue, plastic gear in them fails and that's it .. But I never drove at night. The headlights themselves are upgraded with led bulbs.

Starts stone cold and immediately idles. Tune is spot on.
Welcome to have Indy inspection done / expert review. If you know anyone that frequents PittRace or Nelson ledges, I probably know them and they probably know the car. It's never been in a ball or a wall or anything.

Paint is pretty nice for a track car, pictures will show... It's not perfect, but I used track wrap a lot so it didn't get beat up