Dutch Noob

neki67

Hi everyone,

Noob from the Netherlands. Noob when it comes to Vettes cause I've been into 1st and 2nd gen F-bodies since 1985.

Besides the 68 Vette convertible (that I will introduce further down the page), I also own a 67 Camaro. At this moment I'm converting that one from a paddle shifted 4L80e to a T56. Have a look @ http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee223/neki67/1967 Camaro/

I purchased the Vette from a member @ www.pro-touring.com. He owned it for about half a year. It was a project that was abandoned 10 years before. The engine was bad so he decided to put in a freshly rebuilt 350 4-bolt SBC. Since he wanted to buy a house he needed money so he decided to sell some of his toys. Besides the Vette he also owns a 68 Pro charged LS2 Camaro, a 70 Mustang convertible and an Audi RS4. So his loss was my gain. At least that's what I hoped for. As it turned out it's a solid car (original black plated SoCal car) that needs some TLC and needs little to finish.

I'm planning some mild (VBP) suspension mods, some 18" or 19" wheels and I also have the paddle shifted 4L80e . . . . There's also a 98 Fbody LS1 in my garage but I don't know if I'm going to swap that in since the SBC is fresh and should be able to put out a good 350hp.

Jeff Schwartz' 68 serves as inspiration as does the first Vette pic in my Photobucket account. Have a look @ http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee223/neki67/1968 Corvette convertible/

kind regards,
René Kooger
the Netherlands

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

that Reference above is kind of a standing joke between Marck and me....

:cool::lol:

LOL @ crappy babelfish translation ;)

It literally says Hello Rene and reception at VetteMOD

I clicked on the links in the op's post and my pc got infected with Internet Security 2010. :shocking::shocking::shocking:

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! Some of you even tried to welcome me in Dutch. Not all of them were a 100% succesful but your efforts are highly appreciated. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I clicked on the links in the op's post and my pc got infected with Internet Security 2010. :shocking::shocking::shocking:

Mmmmm, def. not nice but all the links I provided are very common and well maintained sites, never had any or heared of any problems with any of them (except for Photobucket being slow but that's nothing new, is it?)

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! Some of you even tried to welcome me in Dutch. Not all of them were a 100% succesful but your efforts are highly appreciated. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Mmmmm, def. not nice but all the links I provided are very common and well maintained sites, never had any or heared of any problems with any of them (except for Photobucket being slow but that's nothing new, is it?)

maybe just a coincidnece, but I was infected within minutes of clicking on the picture you mention as your inspiration. After viewing the pics, I returned to this website and the virus infection was doing its nasties.

$223 later and I am back online

I have removed the link from the orignal post just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

If anyone wants to see the car that was cited in the link, do a Google search for Schwartz Performance 68 Corvette.

We don't usually remove links to other sites (unlike other forums), but in this case, I think it might be a good idea.

Welcome to the forum!

There's a trojan horse virus at photobucket, :pprrtt: my pc got infected last week when using my own account there.