Dyno day results

BlackRat

I have some graphs but have not scanned them in yet. Had a best pull of 381.9HP. That was with 31* base timing. The top number of the day came at 180 degrees. The temp went up to about 220 for the other pulls and the numbers went down a little with heat. The only carb change we made was increaing the primary jet sizes from 80's to 81's Other than that the demon was as is out of the box.

I think I am needing to drop to a 4.5 PV. I am only pulling between 5-6 inches of vac at idle. I have a slight stumble off the line that could not be fixed with timing. If we had cooler temps and maybe made a few more adjustments on the carb we "might" have seen a little higher number. But hey 382HP for a shade tree mechanic on a budget ain't bad!!:thumbs:

The dyno used is about 14% more conservative than some other dyno's so on another I might have been looking at around 400HP at the rear. This ain't a racecar so 382 is plenty to light em up!!!;)

I will post my graphs and some pics of the day later.

Wade

:D serious glad to hear your results there, especially with all the Pelosi you had to go through to get there......U had your share that's for sure....

Hope you can manage a few miles and smiles outta it....:crutches::D

Thanks GENE. We ran it hard all day today with no problems. Drove the 45 mile trip there. Had bettween 8-10 pulls then drove the 45 miles back. Still have a small leak in the manifold after replacing the gasket!!!:suicide: Not big enough to worry with now.

100_3780.jpg

My son hanging out on the right. He had a blast. Got to ride in my buddies Viper.
100_3776.jpg

That your kid there?? better tell him to sit down, shut, and hang on!!!

that hood, the dark red/burgundy? on the black....
it looks shaded in the top/middle section....

can you get a really good shot of that?? curious to what you did....

:shocking:

GENE , That is a Bugundy motion style stripe. The color is from a 93 anniversary Vette.

Here are my charts.

dynoch1.jpg

dynoch2.jpg

dynoch3.jpg

Dyno video

[ame="http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n272/BlackRat_Vet/?action=view&current=100_3781.flv"]http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n272/BlackRat_Vet/?action=view&current=100_3781.flv[/ame]