Fiat CTS Spider, turbo

my wife was a city girl, but I dangled this place in front of her and she bit - now she won't let go :)

more work
P2040001_zpsc0be4e9b.jpg

starting to see why I don't need beads?
P2040003_zps87cba0f7.jpg

P2040002_zpsd67d354d.jpg

eventually, I'll dimple then punch some drain holes in the floor, dynamat it, and bedline the underside of the entire car....

the point of the excess bracing is this, I need places to attach the harnesses, the roll bars, and to strengthen the body so it doesn't flex under load... a couple hundred extra pounds, but IMO worth it.

looks good! now i understand why those bends are so clean. on my 37 ford when i replaced the floor boards i made the entire front floor boards removable and sitting on top of a 1" square tubing frame. that way if some wanted to change engines, trans, add juice brakes what ever... they could easily remove the floor panels.

I'm welding them down, but on my 50, I'm leaving them loose for just that reason

I need to get to the press brake and build that backhalf of the transmission tunnel again - I've decided I want a radius

I'm welding them down, but on my 50, I'm leaving them loose for just that reason

I need to get to the press brake and build that backhalf of the transmission tunnel again - I've decided I want a radius

yeah a slight radius would be nice and easy on the elbows

well, had to put it away again, but hopefully it won't stay away long
P2040002_zpsd67d354d.jpg

P2040003_zps87cba0f7.jpg

P2090001_zps6026e9c8.jpg

now to figure out why the heater isn't working in my BMW

while waiting for my wife's Valentine's day present to dry, I got a moment to dink
here's what it looked like when I started
P2130002_zps54a087ba.jpg

a bit of fitting later (there's gaps because eventually I'm going to push it back, then hammer the metal into a transition
P2130003_zpsc63e13c9.jpg

I'm going to have a long day of welding ahead of me - but it won't be for a bit. Sunday I'm working on the Corvette - I need to get the body mounts in before April 3

Nice work!!!! I really love seeing the fabrication you do here!

Been a really long time since I did and metal fabrication - in fact - I think I may have had hair is was that long ago!!!:hissyfit:

Keep up the good work!

Nice work!!!! I really love seeing the fabrication you do here!

Been a really long time since I did and metal fabrication - in fact - I think I may have had hair is was that long ago!!!:hissyfit:

Keep up the good work!

I was told a long time ago that I had a lot of talent at doing layout, too bad I absolutely hated everything else about it - irony is, I enjoy it now.

so rather than doing body mounts on my C3, I welded on the transmission tunnel... I'm right at the point when it comes together pretty quickly.... then I have to do the slow, hard-to-see stuff again.... but I really need to get these body mounts done - I know why I'm reluctant; the car is a driver and pulling the nose and tail off will take it off the street... I'd almost rather do another C3 and sell this one.... but no one is stepping up to the plate to offer; so I guess I'm stuck.

as you see, I'm focusing on the Corvette
DSC_0002_zps63d8f872.jpg
DSC_0003_zps2dab953c.jpg
DSC_0001_zps5e2acc98.jpg

new floor (passenger side) v. old floor with the seats in the car
DSC_0004_zps7a30a43b.jpg

driver's side
DSC_0008_zpsd85bd231.jpg
DSC_0007_zps7d51e8f6.jpg
shop dog, my mastiff stays until sundown; after that, he hides in the house and my lion killer comes out

DSC_0010_zps544a0357.jpg

cut and I thought "oops"
DSC_0012_zpsb53b910a.jpg

but no, it was the floor dropping, not the body or the frame
flintstones anyone?
DSC_0013_zpsbe364a37.jpg

and a good stopping place for tonight
DSC_0016_zps0677cbfd.jpg

in all fairness to my C3, I did try the hardest bolt and realized it was not coming easily... so I need to order parts (capture bolt at least, maybe entire mount because it looks pretty ugly - unless, of course, GM build that mount with it not attached to the frame.... yeah)

the radiused trans tunnel looks good,are those cuts outs in the toe board bottom for the braking/clutch system with two seperate circuits for the brakes? is that the actual master cylinder mounting location?

the radiused trans tunnel looks good,are those cuts outs in the toe board bottom for the braking/clutch system with two seperate circuits for the brakes? is that the actual master cylinder mounting location?

two for the brakes, one for the clutch

went skiing, am a bit sore so didn't get a lot done tonight
IMG_0007_zps0d97a90f.jpg

IMG_0008_zps9c9dc211.jpg

IMG_0009_zps67bf1766.jpg

IMG_0010_zps289beef7.jpg

tomorrow I get my jump shear, so I can knock out the last of the pieces to complete the tunnel

I should then cut the car in half and call it a FI :)

do the brake/clutch cylinders have some sort of a reverse flow check valve in them or is that not needed?

do the brake/clutch cylinders have some sort of a reverse flow check valve in them or is that not needed?

not needed because the reservoirs will be high on the firewall (read, above the wheel cylinders)

i think i understand the reservoir is up at the highest point piped to the piston/cylinder at the pedal level which goes to the brakes/clutch?

how do you control the volume of the fluid that gets pumped out with one pedal stroke? are the master cylinders sized to different volume levels or is there a way to control the length of the stroke?